•2•

how can the beginning be the end? how can the end be the beginning? Lia wasn't one for mind games, but the simplest sentences somehow seemed to roam her mind all hours of the day.

---------------------------------------

I'm going to murder someone. And his name is James Potter.

I'm in Potions class again, but this time my partner is facing away from me and refusing to make eye contact. How immature can one be? Storming out of the Great Hall when I walked in this morning clearly wasn't enough for the drama queen James Fleamont Potter, seeing as I have now lost my potions partner.

The only good thing about this class is that there is now a boy staring at me from the other side of the room. I've only made eye contact with him once, just to embarrass him, but I can practically feel his eyes burning a hole into my skull.

Why is Sirius Black staring at me? I have no idea. Is it a good thing? Probably not. But as I stir the potion in front of me, I glance to the side and catch James looking at me the same way Sirius was.

"Do you have a problem, Potter?" Tired of the bullshit was an understatement. He quickly looked away again.

"Nothing other than you is a problem" James replied still pouting about whatever he's upset about. I snorted and he turned to look at me with anger in his eyes.

"Woah there snippy don't wanna accidentally give yourself a haircut," I laughed putting my hands up in mock surrender. James was fuming at this point and in one swift motion he picked up his bookbag and marched out of the classroom. Of course, Slughorn didn't do a thing about this, he never does anything.

Now I could feel three pairs of eyes on me and I knew who they belonged to. The Marauders were going to blame me for James's little pity fit. I could already tell.

----------

The common room is so much nicer when there isn't a group of boys that are stomping toward you. Unfortunately, that is the situation I'm currently in.

As they reach me I bury my head in my books and pretend not to notice the four boys that are looming over me. Someone loudly clears their throat and I look up to see 4 sets of angry eyes all turned to stare at me.

"Howdy," I say calmly with a two-finger salute. Four sets of angry eyes turn into three sets of confused ones and one set of furious ones.

"Is that supposed to be some sort of joke?" said the pair of furious eyes, that belonged to none other than James Potter. "Nobody gets your stupid American references, Deseray," James spat while crossing his arms. I let out a laugh when I realized that was supposed to be his way of intimidating me.

"Potter just spit out whatever it is that you would like to complain about," I utter, leaning back in my chair.

"I'm not here to complain!" James blurts out. By now all 4 marauders are surrounding the circular table that was once only occupied by me, each with their own glare."I'd like to address the obvious issue that we have between us," he stated. I let out another laugh that seemed to irritate him further.

"Potter, I have no issues with you. In fact I couldn't care less about you. what I'm more interested in is why did you bring your friends along if you just wanted to talk to me," I pause realizing these poor people probably don't even know who I am. "I'm Lia by the way, Lia Deseray," I announce with a smile and a wave. Two of them return with a wave of their own.

"Peter!" one of them proclaims. "Peter Pettigrew!" he says with a bright smile.

"Remus Lupin," the other one murmurs. I let out another laugh and it catches him off guard.

"Were you raised by wolfs?" I ask with a smile, though I don't get one in return. As I look around me I see all of the marauders had suddenly changed from angry to panicked. They all had matching sets of wide eyes and pale faces, almost as if they had seen a ghost. (besides nick of course)

"Are you guys alright? I may not be British but I think I can sense a group of scared British people when I see one," and with that, all four of them turned away from me and quickly made their way to the dorms, without a word spoken.

Now, that might have seemed weird if it had occurred with anyone but the marauders. But I've learned not to question their decisions by now. I mean, it was a pretty harmless question. Who doesn't know the story of ancient Rome?