OS 1

Disclaimer: all publicly known characters belong to their respective creators. Only the plot and the words are mine.

He couldnt believe his senses. His ears, his eyes- this must be a dream! Tejo knew. She knew about his crime. She knew about his betrayal. She knew about his affair.

Fear gripped Jasmine. Her sister knew. Before they had been able to leave for Canada. Before the Visa. She could feel her dreams just barely holding on by a thread. What if Tejo told someone? Someone in the family? Horror struck her core: "What if Tejo had already told them?"

Tejo's world was crashing down. Which was weird because it had been crashing down since last night. It was now close to 20 hours. How was it still crashing? How much was there? To be honest, she knew the answer somewhere in her heart. It would keep crashing down until the point that she didnt go down with it. Unbeknownst to her, Fateh had become her whole world. It started and end at Fateh, so when her image of him crashed, what strength did her world hold to stay up? It would all come down. And she was going down with it.

She finished the recording with a tap of her thumb and for a minuscule second, rejoiced at the dumbstruck and horror-stricken faced of both Jasmine and Fateh. "Ha! Finally one-upped you, didnt I?"

But obviously, the situation was not one that she would ever forget. How could she? It was another of life's cruel joke on her.

Fateh: Tejo suno, vo-..

Tejo: please Fateh... kuch mat kehna. Ab aur jhoot sunn ne ki taaqat nahi hai mujh mein. Bas ab aur nahi.

Jasmine: par Tejo sun to Fateh kehna kya chahta hai?

Tejo: kya kahega? Kal raat ke baad kuch na to kehne ke liye reh gaya hai, na hi sunn ne. Aur tu, please tu to koi baat mat kar mujhse. Aaj maine yahan tumhaari koi baat sunn ne nahi, apni baat bolne ke liye bulaaya hai. Gusse mein to bahut thi main, dil bhi poori tarah choor choor ho gaya tha. Ek ghante pehle tum dono ko jab phone kiya tha tab dil to keh raha tha ke-

Tejo lifts the gun from her right hand, pointing it straight between Jasmine and Fateh. They stood there frozen in fear, both wondering if they'll leave our of there alive.

Tejo: - goli maar dun aur khatam kar dun tum dono ko. Lekin phir socha, ke usse kya hoga? Mere dil ka dard, meri taqleef to kamm nhi hogi. Ulta gharwaalon ko do gunha taqleef dene ka ilzaam apne daaman pe le baithungi...-

Fateh: Tejo please, ek baar baat sun lo meri...

Tejo (not paying attention and turning the gun to her temple) - phir socha... apne aap ko goli maar leti hun, kam se kam mera dard to khatam hoga.... -

Fateh: TEJO! KYA BOL RAHI HO?

Tejo: - par phir bhi, dono parivaaron ka, chalo poore na sahi kuch logon ka to dil tootega hi....

Fateh: Tejo please, please gun rakh do. Please.

Tejo: to fir finally maine ek faisla kar hi liya... thoda mushkil hai, mere liye ye karna, lekin aaj tak meri zindagi aasaan thi hi kab? Pehle gharwalon ke liye apne sapne ka gala ghot ke, Jass se shaadi, uska dhoka, fir tumhari shaadi ke liye Jasmine ko manaane ke papad, phir usne tumhe mandap pe chorh diya, to "Tejo bete, tu ye shaadi kar le!" Shaadi ki to tumhare ghar mein, khudko prove karo, tumhe prove karo aur badle mein, dhoka. Asaan nhi rahi hai meri life aur ab bhi nahi hogi. Pehle ladi hun aur jeeti hun abb bhi jeetungi. Farq ye hai, ke pehle har pareshaani mujhe virasat mein mili thi, aur ye maine chunni hai. Ladh lungi.

Throughout this time, Tejo's tears had been steadily increasing to the point of hysterics. Fateh could see she was on the verge of a breakdown, as she sank lower and lower with each sentence. He couldn't believe he had caused this much pain to the woman who had been nothing short of a miracle to him- a medicine for each pain. And just like we do to a medicine, he had put it in a drawer and forgotten about its existence. His heart broke, looking at her like this and he inched closer and closer to her. She still had the gun in her hand, the same hand that supported her head and Fateh's heart was beating out of his chest. He had to get the gun from her!

Tejo: itna kuch kiya, par phir bhi dhoka. Itna saath diya par phir bhi bewafai. Itna pyaar kiya par phir bhi.... mera pati aur meri behen. Mera pyaar aur meri behen. MERA FATEH aur meri behen.

Jasmine: tumhare Fateh nahi hai vo! Vo mera Fateh tha! Humesha tha aur humesha rahega, tum beech mein aayi!

Fateh: JASMINE! Dekh nahi rahi ho uski haalat!? Pagal ho kya!?

Tejo: MAIN beech mein aayi? Shaadi ke mandap pe TU chorh ke gayi; shaadi TUNE todhi; maine kaha tha tujhe ke aisa mat karna par tune ek nhi suni. Tujhe Fateh se zyaada Canada pyaara tha lekin jab Fateh mere saath khush rehne laga aur move on karne laga to teri ego hurt huyi. Aur kuch nhi. Tu ek egoistic aur selfish ladki hai Jasmine. Aur ye vo ladki nahi hai jo meri behen thi.

This was the final straw. Strength left Tejo as she fell to the ground and crumpled, crying her heart and her eyes out. This was by no means the final time she would cry, in fact, it was just the first of many, many, many times. For the stronger the love, the deeper the hurt. Fateh saw her fall to the ground and lurched to pick her up. Just as he was about to touch her, Tejo jerked upwards and backwards, out of Fateh's reach.

Tejo: haath mat lagaana. Door ho jao. Ye dard tumhara hi tohfa hai, iss par sirf mera haq hai. Jaanti hun ke Itne patthar dil nahi ho tum Fateh, aur mujhe dard mein dekh ke tumhe bhi dard ho raha hai, lekin tumhari saza yahi hai ke na to tum mujhe abhi Sahara doge, aur na hi zindagi mein kabhi aage.

Any concept of heartbreak Fateh had before this moment was shaken to its core. 1000 Jasmine's leaving him would not come close to the level of hurt he felt in that moment. His world, for the first time, crashed around him. All he longed to do was pick that once-the-brightest-shining-star in his sky, which was slowly becoming a dull, dead star, and hold her, taking away all the pain, that ironically HE had given to her.

Fateh: Tejo..

Tejo: nahi Mr Virk. Jab heath aag lagne se jalta hai na, to usse aaram aag ke choone se nahi milta. Aag ho tum dono meri zindagi ke, aur aaj iss aag mein Fateh Singh Virk ki biwi aur Jasmine Sandhu ki behen dono jal ke raakh ho gayi hain. Bol dena sabko ke tum Tejo Virk iss duniya mein nhi rahi, aur Jasmine Sandhu apne maa baap ki iklauti aulaad hai.

With that, Tejo picked up the shattered pieces of her heart and exhausted life in her bones and walked out. Where, she didn't know.  For how long, she didn't know. Would she come back? She didn't know. But she knew she couldn't stay. She knew this was not her place, and not the place for her to deal with her heartbreak.