1

CHAPTER ONE  ;  TIME OUT

TW | BULLYING

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

You looked at yourself in the mirror, Sighing. It's been quite a while since you arrived in this orphanage. You'd forced yourself to get used to this place, since you had just accepted the fact that you would have to stay here forever, atleast until you were 18.

A quick knock at the door made you snap out of your thoughts, turning around and walking to open it. The other side of the door revealed your best friend, Alyssa. She was the only one who you got along with. The others...not so much. The others would always bully you, call you names, stuff that you shouldn't tell to someone.

"Hello! Goodmorning, You're late for breakfast, Miss Puffy is waiting."
Alyssa signed, looking up to grin at you.

Alyssa was unfortunately mute all her life, and she was also the one who taught you how to do sign language. You would both always have silent conversations (literally) when you were outside eating, since Mrs. Hannah didn't like to hear noise while eating. The others would always have no clue what you two were doing at those times.

"Hey Alyssa, Goodmorning to you too." You said, sending a tired smile at her. "I just need to put on my uniform, since I'm still in my pj's." You said. Alyssa nods, "Okay, I will wait for you outside your door." She signed, closing back the door to give you privacy.

You turn back around, walking to the wardrobe, and picking out the plain uniform that you had to wear.

Looking at yourself in your mirror again, you forced a smile. Turning back around to open the door, leading to Alyssa, patiently waiting for you. "Hey Alyssa! I'm ready to go!" You said, as she nods and takes your hand, leading you to the familiar large room that all the other children and teens eat in.

You both sat in the farthest table from the other children, since you two would be the main targets for teens and children to bully. You both didn't want to get in any trouble.

But the she had other plans.

"Hey freaks!" A voice called out. you tried to ignore it, but the voice nonetheless came closer. "Hey! Don't ignore me!" The voice said, Revealing themselves to your vision. Kacey. The person who said you were worthless, a freak, a trainwreck, and a monster.

Overtime, you started to believe her words.

Kacey then pushed your seat to the side, causing you to stand up, letting it fall to the ground. "Excuse me, how many times do I have to tell you Kacey?!" You heard, making you snap your head to behind Alyssa, who looked behind herself aswell.

Mrs. Hannah.

"Mrs. Hannah! I swear, I didn't start it!" Kacey said, making her voice sound sincere. But you and Alyssa both knew that was a lie. "I'm sending you both into time out!" you look at Kacey, who is just glaring at you, and mumbling something. You badly wanted to say, "i didn't do anything!"  But you knew it would only make your time out extend to half an hour, more than just a few minutes.

You had learnt that from experience.