Chapter Nineteen

"You're crazy."

"No I'm not!"

"Dude. You are."

Dabi growled at Toga as he closed the small box in his hand and shoved it back into his pocket. "Think about this: you seriously think proposing to her will make her fall in love with you?" Toga questioned his logic.

"Of course it will!" Dabi snapped. "But I'm not going to do it right away! I need to gain her trust back."

"And how are you gonna do that?" Toga questioned him.

"I don't know, yet. But when I come up with a plan, it'll be foolproof."

"Okay. Good luck with that!" Toga held up a peace-sign as she walked away. "And hey, lemme know how it goes! Hopefully it turns out in our favor. Shigaraki'a already mad you lost her once."

"Her being gone was an unforeseen event," Dabi protested. "And I will win her back!"

***

Today was the day.

The day of the dance.

You were wearing your dress Shouto picked it for you (chapter eleven for reminder), had your hair curled and a medium amount of makeup on. You were getting your dress shoes on when you heard a knock on the bedroom door.

During the last couple of days, you've decided it was best to stay with Uraraka, since you were closest with her out of all your friends, and have enjoyed it. Aside from the new roommate, Shouto has always hung out with you after school, either to do homework or just talk. You've noticed your body feel different around him and couldn't put your finger on what it was: butterflies would scatter around your stomach and whenever Shouto offered you something your cheeks heated up.

"Come in!" You hollered, looking at yourself in the mirror one last time.

Uraraka opened your door and gasped at you. "Wow! You're so pretty! Shouto's one lucky guy!" She smiled wide as you twirled around for her.

"Thanks. Do you know when Deku and Shouto will be here?"  

"Oh. They've been here for ten minutes so far-"

"WHAT?" You freaked out. "THEY'RE ALREADY HERE?"

"Well, yeah. I thought I told you?" Uraraka rubbed her chin. "Oh well. They're in the living room waiting, but we aren't in any rush. There's a dinner before the dance the school's hosting in the cafeteria and the boys wanted to check that out."

"Ughh I'm nervous." You felt sick to the stomach as Uraraka grabbed your hand and pulled you out of the room. Why were you so nervous? You've been spending nonstop amounts of time with him within the last few weeks, it shouldn't be nerve-wrecking... right?

You noticed the boys talking to Uraraka's parents and widened your eyes at Shouto's outfit; he wore a beige button up, black dress pants, and a black bow tie.

WE'RE MATCHING?! You screamed as you noticed Shouto taking a double look at you before stopping mid-sentence. Izuku noticed and turned his head as well, gasping and turning red.

"Wow. You both look amazing!" He smiled wide as you took one last step off the staircase.

Shouto walked over to you, his jaw slightly dropped, before shaking his head a bit and saying, "You look beautiful." With a blush spreading rapidly across his cheeks.

You thanked him before Uraraka's mom exclaimed, "Okay, now let us take some pictures before you kids head out! I wanna remember this!"

You felt Shouto's arm snake around your waist as he lead you more into the living room for pictures. His arm stayed around your waist as you both had your picture taken.

"Oh, they would make such a cute couple!" The mom squealed, causing the both of you to blush.

"Well we're running late! I know Natsuo and Fuyumi wanted pictures too so be better get going!" Uraraka insisted before the four of you left.

Shouto's hand stayed entwined with yours during the walk to his place. You couldn't help but lean against him, your head resting against his shoulder.

You didn't want the moment to end, but it got ruined by Natsuo squealing, "FUYUMI LOOK ITS OUR KID BROTHER WITH HIS GIRLFRIEND!!"

Shouto grunted with irritation as Fuyumi ran outside with a camera and snapped some pictures. "Shouto, if you have time, mom wanted you guys to visit her tonight." Fuyumi had a big smile on her face.

"Well we wouldn't make it to the dinner in time, but I guess we can get a bite to eat on the way back?" Shouto suggested.

"Oh, that won't have to be a problem." Natsuo smiled wide. "She's here."

You felt Shouto's hand tighten around yours and looked at him, seeing a shocked look on his face as you sensed a third body leaving the house.

You looked over and saw no other than the infamous Rei Todoroki standing there, a small smile on her face. "Wow. Look at my baby boy."

"Mom..." Shouto muttered as he released your hand. He sped walked to her, hugging her tightly and his head in the nape of her neck. You felt warmth grow in your chest as you saw this surprise.

Then again, seeing Rei Todoroki had you surprised; you hadn't seen her since Shouto got the scar on his face.

After chatting for a bit the four of you made your way to the high school, Shouto's arm around your waist holding you close to him. You caught yourself leaning your head against his shoulder, smiling to yourself.