Chapter 5

Reggie's point of view 

Still standing outside the door, dumbfounded, I listened as Val started to giggle.

Jealousy filled me.

I'd lost her.

Unable to listen to the sounds that were guaranteed to seep through the door next, I walked quickly into Mikey's room and grabbed his bong. I wanted to throw the thing across his room and shatter it to pieces. I was so pissed off. Not at Val, despite how she'd probably interpreted my emotions. I was pissed at myself.

I'd waited too long.

And I'd lost her.

Tucking the mini bong into the pocket of my sweatpants I left, praying whatever sounds Val was making wouldn't be sounds of her pleasure. And they weren't. She was still giggling when I walked by.

Quickly, I took the steps as fast as I could to get out of the house.

I leaned against my car, forearms on the roof as I tried to steady my breathing. I was a top athlete; I wasn't winded from running down the stairs. My breath was panicking because of Val. She had no idea how I felt about her.

I'd been in love with her since we were kids.

She'd been my first kiss.

And contrary what she believed- no I hadn't been sleeping with any of my girlfriends. The star quarterback's biggest secret? I was a virgin. Sure I'd fooled around with them, but never taken it all the way. I'd wanted Val to be my first and I wanted to be her first.

I still did.

But I couldn't be her first anymore. And I had nobody to blame for that but myself.

The first time I'd kissed her, we'd been five. We'd been on the playground at school. I'd declared my undying love for my best friend's twin sister, told her I was going to marry her and kissed her lips holding still for five seconds to make sure it really counted before running off.

That was the only time I'd kissed her.

I was such a fucking idiot. I wasn't afraid of Mikey, not even a little bit, but he was my best friend. I didn't want to fight with him about his sister. But I was an idiot because I should have fought for her. I should have been fighting for her since we were fifteen, when I'd wanted to ask her to the sophomore homecoming dance.

Finally, my breath was stable and I climbed into my car. Glancing up at the front of the house, I looked into Val's window. It was completely dark, just like it had been when I'd pulled up. My dick had gone rock hard as soon as I'd seen her. She'd had those boy short style underwear on and her thighs had been on full display. She must have seen the way my eyes raked up and down her body. She'd been in a simple white t-shirt. I could only assume it was Keegan's undershirt from the dance. She must not have realized that it was completely see-through, giving me my first view of her nipples.

A gentleman would have told her, but I'd been too stunned. And then she'd reprimanded me and it was so sexy.

She had no idea the power she wielded over me, over most guys. She was too smart for her own good and it got in her own way. She didn't know how beautiful she was. She didn't see the guys who checked her out every day. Keegan wasn't the first to want to ask her out. He was just the first that Mikey hadn't been able to scare off.

It should have been me. I should have been the one telling Mikey to back off, that she was going to be eighteen the same time he was, that she was in charge of her own body and who she dated.

I was still sitting in their driveway. I should leave, but my dick was still hard. It wouldn't go down, not after what I'd just seen. I'd seen her in a bathing suit countless times. She'd walked around in barely there shorts and baggy t-shirts without bras regularly while I was at her house. But this had made me feel something completely different than it ever had.