Family Meetings

It was a windy morning as Lucas Oliver Shelby sat up against the old elder tree admiring the field filled with flowers which was odd for a boy of his age

It was a windy morning as Lucas Oliver Shelby sat up against the old elder tree admiring the field filled with flowers which was odd for a boy of his age. Any normal 18 year old boy would be after pretty girls much like his older brother John but no,Lucas would rather sit by a tree in a field minding his own business with an old book on his lap.

The girls on the other hand mostly all had a thing for him but he was never interested unless he wanted a quick fuck and needed to release stress. Most people in the small heath knew he was a handsome lad with his blonde hair, broad shoulders and tall figure and they all knew he was gonna be very handsome once he got older.

His grey jacket sat firmly on his broad shoulders as the wind whistled through out the field. He was calm and collected with his thoughts for once. Normally the tall boy would be worrying like he was mad man on what his brothers would think of him, maybe even his mother if she was still alive or wherever she was. Due to him being different not like them...

"luca,Lucas!" a deep voice could be heard in the distance. The blonde haired boy sighed with annoyance due to his peaceful morning being interrupted by none other than a tall, skinny, brown haired boy who was slowly coming into view as he ran up the hill. "so.. This is where you've been all morning, I've been looking for you everywhere"

"no I was in London, did u not see me hoping on the train this morning or maybe Charlie's boat at the docks by his yard" the blonde boy replied in his thick Birmingham accent with a sarcastic tone while running his fingers through his hair.

"okay, okay no need to get grumpy"

"I'm not grumpy, I'm just tired" he replied rolling his eyes

"your defiantly grumpy but Arthur is looking for you, something about needing help with bookings" Mason replied not looking very convinced

And at that the odd boy lifted his book and jacket before running down the hill through the alley towards small heath. The small town in Birmingham where he grew up,where people feared his name due to his family last name. The one place Lucas couldn't wait to get out of.

He never felt like he belonged, he was different. He liked books, art, being with family, helping polly with dinner from time to time or even being with the one person he could trust his bestfriend, mason. And if he wasn't with them he was with Elsie, masons sister, a small brunette with blue eyes and pale skin,which never failed to. Make him smile but he'd never tell mason that. Never in a million years...

♚♚♚♚♚♚♚♚♚♚♚♚♚♚♚♚♚♚

Lucas sat the table in betting den  in his plain white shirt with his arms propped on the table and a pen in hand while checking the bookings for his older brothers who didn't know a thing about maths. Trying to think of anyway to impress the older men.

When suddenly a slam was heard from the front room but soon after followed loud footsteps and before the boy could even notice the books were being taken off him.