ONE

and you promised me the stars,

the day begins slowly.

the alarm clock rings, and minho gets ready in the same rhythm he is used to.

his morning is the same as always,
solitary, and monotone, except for the company of his cats.

it remains slow as he eats breakfast, as he waits for the bus at the bus stop, as he arrives at the kindergarten.

the rhythm begins to speed up from that point.

children waltz in through the door, greeting him brightly. some remain by that door, wailing and crying.

minho comforts those children, leading them to the pile of toys that await the students.

his morning becomes colourful, as another day finally begins for him.

minho likes the mundane,
the normalcy.

he loves it.

but all i got were shards

"aish, you kids," minho's mother sighed. "always up to something. everyday is a new adventure for you two, huh?"

"yeojin-ah, go easy on the children. they're still young and naive, let them be," minho's grandfather told his daughter, as he waved his arm about.

"but, father! look at them! their clothes are dirty too!" minho's mother insisted. "ah, poor seungminnie. your nice clothes got ruined because of my boy."

"ma! it wasn't my idea!" minho whined. "kim seungmin suggested it! and you told me to be nice to him, so i listened!"

"but you're older! you should know better!" seungmin argued, and minho glared at him.

"yah! kim seungmin! respect your elders!"

"alright, alright, you two. calm down," minho's mother laughed. "my star, go change and tell your mom your punishment is to set the table. as for you, seungminnie, let's get you changed and home. no more playing for today."

instantly, the children whined at this.

they may claim to be enemies as they argue, but try to separate them, then they'll never leave each other's side.

of my own broken heart