Chapter 5 - Festival Preparations

(woo another calm chapter, chapter 6 is where things get more exciting)

          The ceremony and the festivals that come with it were going to happen in just two days.  The servants and the common folk were going crazy with preperations.  There were decorations everywhere, festival food smells coming from all the resturant and food stalls.  As you walked (half walked/ half limped) down the street, you heard vendors calling out to each other and people walking through the shops.

          "General Y/N!" You look to where the shout came from, which was behind you. "Whew, caught up with you. The Shogun told me to come find you, I'm not sure why however," The person panted, nodding their head towards Tenshukaku. "Thank you- uhm-" You said, nodding your head. "My name is Okura Narika (???)," They said, "I'm in one of Kujou Saras troops."  You looked at her in surprise. "How come I've never seen you? I used to help train her troops before my foot got injured," You say, looking at her to see if she was familiar. "Oh, I only joined recently after the resistance started attacking the city directly," She said, laughing a small bit.  "Oh, ok then. I best be off. If the shogun needs to see me, it must be important."

          You waved at Okura Narika as you left for Tenshukaku. If she was in Kujou Saras troops, she would be directly facing the resistance when they attacked. How soon was their next attack anyway? They did seem to have a pattern. Narika seemed like quite the nice girl, so you hoped she was good enough at fighting to live through a resistance attack. Many reliable soilders had died during their attacks.

          You arrrived at Tenshukaku, walking through the door and into the main hall. Baal was standing there, looking impatient. "There you are, Y/N," She said, sighing. "I was waiting for you." You looked at her in surprise. She normally wasn't this impatient with you, she knew you were slow because of your foot. "What's wrong? What's going on, Baal?" You asked her, confused. "I've hired you personal samurai guards, Y/N," Baal said hurriedly. "Don't worry. I've ordered them to stay near you but not so close they make you uncomfortable. Their names are Okura Narika and Arumai Amamaki, if you need them just call for them." You looked at her in shock. "I don't need bodyguards! I- I can take care of myself! I'm not a child!" She looked at your foot with a skeptical look on her face. "That was one time, there were too many of them for me to focus on the one stabbing me!" You said angrily, pouting like a young child.  

          "Y/N." Baal was standing over you, looking disappointed. "I hired these guards to keep you safe because I saw people following  you in alleyways whilst you walked through the city. They were wearing resistance uniforms. I'm only trying to keep you safe. This may seem like a bit much, but it's for your protection." She looked at you, placing her hands on your shoulders.

          "Baal- I don't need protected," You said, looking her in the eyes. You knew arguing wouldn't help, but you tried anyway. She took her hands off your shoulders and sighed, shaking her head. "Sorry, Y/N. I can't let you go alone. The resistance is getting even worse. I'm hoping they won't attack during the festival.." Baal looked away, towards the bustling city. You hoped so to..