🗝️ a Link to the "Past" 🛡️

I know I'm quoting another Zelda game but I love to relate the boiling Isles to thousand of years ago before we had landfills and such.

The art above is by @BonniieA on Twitter, it was too cute not to put here!

Key:

Y/n = Your nameL/n = Last name

C/W
Swearing
Mentions of Yelling
Fighting

-----

first person Pov

"HELL YEAH!" I jumped with Joy. I had finally beaten the entire game of Legend of Zelda twilight princess.

"You old ass Wii did me good, I'm proud of you," I said out loud at my Wii, My parents let me put it in my room after buying a Nintendo switch but the old thing works like a charm and has some of my favorite games I grew up with.

The bright moment quickly dimmed as I heard faint yelling. My parents never agreed on anything so this was usual.

I sat on my bed finding my earbuds and turned on some music. 

"Y/N! Come down here" my mom yelled before I could turn on music.

"Coming mom" I hollered back.

Walking downstairs I saw the report card in my mom's hands and knee this wasn't going to go well.

"you have a C- huh? I thought you said you had an A?"

"I- uh- well you see-"

"Y/N, if you don't get good grades you can't get into a good college, and then you can't be a criminal investigator like you want to be"

That's just the thing, I don't want to be that. My whole life I've wanted to make videos, entertain people, but mom says that is a stupid career choice.

"Your sister had all A+ but now your here with summer school"

These words burned in my mind. Once again with this Bullshit.

"She even balances several extracurricular activities, like tonight"

"Tonight?"

"Have you not heard? She has a performance tonight, but you'll be staying here tonight in your room to study"

Without a word I walked to my room, waiting for them to leave before throwing something across the room.

"ITS NOT FAIR, NEVER IS, NEVER WILL BE" I screamed out in frustration.

Sitting on my bed I saw a small bag on the floor in front of my bed.

"Maybe I need to take control of my future"

Maybe it was a bad idea at the time but I quickly got up and filled the bag, grabbing a small blanket, clothes, my phone and earbuds, some money, and anything else I would need.

I walked downstairs, bag in hand, and walked out the back door towards the forest behind my house so no neighbors saw me.

Putting one earbud in and starting my music, I let my feet lead me. 

Time skip while I vibe to Lovejoy and write.

"TINY TRASH THIEF!"

I was walking on the outskirts of the forest when I heard a female voice yell. My curiosity leads me to pull out my earbuds and follow the voice to see what is happening.