Becoming Friends

2 more weeks pass and i text Josh one Saturday to make sure he's still coming over.He replies and we decide for him to come over at 7pm.He gets there at 6 and we begin studying but a hour and a half into it he begins to lose interest,and one thing i've learned about Josh Summers is when he loses interest that's it.I start thinking of something we can do to get a break and try studying later."You hungry Josh?"He looks up from the problem he's been studying for the last 10 minutes."Yeah I could eat."he says."Wanna go grab some food with me."He starts closing his book without a second thought and I take that as a yes and get up too.I change my shirt and we head out my room."I know a good burger place about 15 minutes away and they have the best shakes."I laugh remembering the day at the mall."Ok let's go there then."I reply.We get into his jeep and I turn the station on his radio without even thinking and I quickly apologize."Sorry.It's a habit."In my head i'm hoping he won't get mad at me."It's cool.This actually my favorite station"He says."Forreal?Mine too."I reply.We both get quiet as I hum along to the music and he drives.We arrive at the place and both get out.He shocks me when he holds the door open like a perfect gentleman and we find a booth.We sit at the table and gaze over the menu as a waiter comes to get our drink orders."What kind of beverage can I start you guys with today?"She asks and we both reply "Dr pepper" at the same time and burst out laughing.As she leaves he asks me the first question of the night."Why aren't you hanging with the popular kids like Claire does?They dig you alot."I think and casually answer."The center of attention hasn't really ever been my style.I go out with your type from time to time but i'll never be like that."He stares at me for a second and replies"My type?What does that mean?"He says sounding a bit offended.Luckily the waitress comes back right on time and we place our food orders.As we wait I pick up my phone and he snatches it."What the hell?Give me my phone."He puts it in his pocket and says"I wanna learn more about you.No phones allowed."I roll my eyes with a look that says "whatever" but don't fight anymore on the subject.

This is only the 1st round draft
Final Page Released Before 11Pm Sept 5 Est