Chapter 0.01

///Azra's POV///

My name. That's the only thing I have left. The only thing I own other than my own clothes. After a while of searching through the draws of this small room I'm in, I find a mirror.

I have white-blue hair and blue eyes. I'm wearing a cat hoodie over my clothes. I was wearing a pink collared shirt with a green and pink vest underneath. I also had tan pants and boots.

I looked around further, but the only way out seems to be a very cramped tunnel. I think I'll just stay here for now. I don't want to go in there. I can't see how long it is, and I don't want to get stuck.

A few minutes passed of me looking around before I decided to read. The first book I picked up seemed to be a guide book to fantasy monsters. I looked at the first page with a picture, finding great detail on a spider looking monster called a Eleract. There are different kinds with different aspects.

The most common one seems to be earth aspect. They have hard skin and are able to be different sizes depending on what rank they are.

Common (f-sss)
Uncommon (f-sss)
Rare (f-sss)
Special (f-sss)
Heroic (f-sss)
Legendary (f-sss)

After awhile of looking at the book, I found a matching book talking about these things called artifacts. They can give you different abilities for each one you have. I quickly got bored and looked for a different book. When I found one, it looked old and torn up. When I opened it, it was a box with one page.

I ignored the page, opting to look at the weird black ribbon inside. When I looked back at the page, I saw a picture of the ribbon on someone's arm. Mimicking the picture, I wrapped my arm.

"Pfft I feel like someone from a fantasy world with all these weird books," I laughed as I looked at the ribbon. It was an abyss black that seemed to be infinite.

I suddenly lost my balance and fell to the floor. My vision became spotty and my ears started ringing. Soon enough, I passed out. The last thing I heard was a ding and a voice saying:

[Contract formed. Restarting...]

///Time skip by cookie monster Azra///

[Restart complete]

'Huh?' I thought as I quickly woke up. "Who's there?" I asked as I looked around the room. No one was there, but there was a reply.

[The first one to wake me up in centuries doesn't even know who I am? Tsk, pesky humans. I am lord. You are a descendent of the Quell family yes?]

"I don't know. Where are you?" I asked as I kept looking around. There was still no one there. Just where is he?

[Seriously? Down here. The ribbon on your arm. You formed the contract. Are you an idiot?]

"Wha- I'm not an idiot! What even are you? What do you mean contract?" I asked. I didn't sign anything.

[Do I have to explain everything? *sigh* here we go. I am lord. The only demon artifact. I can only be awakened by a certain bloodline. You woke me up. Therefore, you are of the Quell bloodline. This space is an artifact graveyard of the Quell family. Any questions?]

"What's a artifact graveyard? Can you eat it?" I asked jokingly. He didn't seem amused though.

[You can not eat the space, but you can come back here during a critical state. You've died and been brought back, since it's your first time, into the past. An artifact graveyard is a place where dormant artifacts reside. Any more questions kid? I'm in a generous mood.]

"So I'm dead? And I've been brought back? Is that why I can't remember anything? Also, will I come back here if I die again?" I asked.

[Yes. That's why you can't remember anything. Yes, you will come back here to the same exact time when you died first until you're satisfied with your life. Then you will stay dead.]