Heather

"Late Night Shifts" 

Heather Watkins x female reader

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

warnings: death, fear, violence/gore, swearing

summary: you and heather fight to stay alive during a late night shift. 

word count: 1.2k

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

You would always be at B Daltons. Every day after school- 24/7 you would be there shopping for books. Of course, you loved horror, so you would buy like five books of Robert Lawrence's novels. But tonight, you wanted to commit some mischief. You wanted to steal a book because your friend dared you to and you agreed so here you are alone in an empty shopping mall stealing a book. You made your way to B Dalton's when Heather catches your eye. 

Now let's be honest, you developed a crush on Heather ever since you two met during lunch at school but she never really liked you back. Slowly, she developed a crush which caused this night to go downhill not only for you but for Heather as well. Something about Heather made you want to see her more and so, she started developing feeling for you too. 

You walk up to the store to find Heather cleaning up, you stare at her before your breathing hitches which causes you to back out of the dare. You brushed it off and continued to do the dare you were told to do. You made your way over to the store and sneak in, trying to move fast as you can but with no sound. You wanted to leave because you felt bad for stealing a book and yet you continued anyway until you got caught. 

"Y/N? What the hell! Why are you here?" 

"I-uhm.. my friend told me to steal something." You confess as regret fills your body. 

"Y/N, I could get fired from my job- do not do this to me." 

"Okay, I won't." You say, getting off the floor and walking over to Heather who is standing near the counter. "But, there's something I need to tell you." 

"What is it?" 

"I am in love ...with you." You say as you look away, feeling different emotions as you feel her finger under your chin. She makes it where you look her in the eyes as she pulls her finger away before cupping your cheeks. 

"Wait. You don't have to do this if you feel the same." 

"I do feel the same, Y/N. I've always liked you more than a friend." 

You feel her lips on yours as you two kiss more before pulling away long enough to catch your breaths. Going back to the kiss, she lifts you onto the counter and kisses you harder as her tongue slips in your mouth- your tongues move at the right rthym before pulling apart when a noise catches you both off guard. 

"What was that?" 

"I don't know," You say. "I told them to wait in the car." 

"Your friends?"

"Yeah, but apparently they did not listen."

Heather helps you off the counter as the two of you head to the back of B Dalton's, keeping quiet as you finish picking up the books on the floor. A figure moves behind you as you startle thinking it was Heather but she's right next to you. Suddenly a figure comes out dressed in a skull costume with a skull mask and begins to stab Heather but you pull her out of the way. You two run out of the store and hide in another store, grabbing the phone and dialing the emergency number. 

You sit close to Heather as she's on the phone with the emergency operator when the skullmask catches your eye while you grab Heather's thigh, signalling her to leave. YOu and her stand up and run away as you go in the opposite direction, hiding behind a shelf and grabbing something hard. Meanwhile Heather is fighting for her life as the knife slices open her stomach. She grabs her stomach and runs away as you watch  her while your stomach churns then running after them, getting caught up in it. 

Soon Heather falls to the floor as the killer grabs her and drags her closer to him as he stabs her in the chest, Heather screams out in pain as you begin to cry. You watch as Heather unmasks the person who is currently killing her, she sees Ryan's face and how netruel his facial expressions are. 

"Ryan?" She says as you grab a chair and hit Ryan. He topples over as you kneel down next to Heather as you try to keep her alive. The Skullmask Killer comes back as Heather tries to tell you that he's behind you, but before she could even get a word out he has already stabbed you in the back as you fall next to her lifeless  as sheriff Nick Goode comes in and shoots Ryan in the forehead, killing him instantly. He falls ontop of Heather as you grab her hand before seeing your world go black, not knowing what's coming. 

~~

You hear the heart monitor beep beside you as you begin to slowly open your eyes. You notice that you are in a hospital bed while your mother sleeps peacefully beside you in a chair. You can feel the pain shoot through as you groan, causing your mom to wake up. 

"Mom, where's Heather? Is she okay?"

 "Honey, there's something I need to tell you." 

"Don't tell me- she can't be." 

Your mom looks away as tears begin to well up in your eyes, you can't figure out who your mom is talking about. She grabs your hand then gets herself to speak again. 

"Heather is dead. The guy, Ryan Torres, killed her on scene."

"N-No, this can't be. She can't be dead!" You cry as your mom brings you into her embrace. 

You slowly can remember the night, the terrible moment of Heather getting stabbed replays in your mind- over and over again. You tried to fight back the previous night, not knowing that Heather was already dead. You wished you could've stayed alive long enough and maybe you could've had a chance to save Heather but you couldn't. 

It really hurt you down to your gut. But you slowly continued your life that was until her funeral. 

~~

The day of Heather's funeral arrives and you did not want to go. It wasn't out of being rude or anything, you didn't want to say goodbye to the one person you loved. You did anyway and soon you couldn't bear the night as it continued to replay even though you were getting therapy it still didn't help your thoughts- and soon enough you were dead too. 

The pain and loss became too much, so you committed suicide on the day of Heather's