Afterward

Cagalli was sitting at her desk, trying not to fall asleep while reading all of the papers that had stacked up, afterall the second war had just ended.

"UGH! WHEN WILL THIS END!" She was yelling and complaining.

"Ms Athha?" She heard on the other end of the door and a knock.

"Yes? Come in"

"Admiral Zala has returned and would like to see you"

"UGH! Tell him to come here, I've got loads of paperwork"

"Mam" and her secretary went and fetched him, walking him back. On his way to her room, he was kind of lost in thought. He knew all too well of the few reasons she took the ring off the last time he had seen her.

Once they reached the door, his heart started to pound really hard. Afterall it’s been a few weeks since hes even got to see her, let alone hug her.

The minute he walked through that door and it clicked shut, she ran at him and jumped in his arms. He looked at her finger, noticing the ring wasnt on.

"Athrun....I....missed you so much....I'm so glad your safe, I'm so glad it's all over" and she was sobbing into his chest.

Athrun was a little confused why she didn't have the ring on and just was staring st her finger, so he did an action. He ran his finger in her finger where the ring would be.

"Oooo that umm, oops. It's in a special safe box at home, I'm going to put it back one when I get home" she looked at him with a bright smile pulling at her lips.

"You had me worried....." he smiled at her.

"Damn you, idiot....you think I would do that to you?!" She cursed at him with a huge grin on her face.

He held her for about 20 minutes
"I have so much more work that needs to be done....ugh!" She yelled and he was smiling at her.

The two released from the embrace and she walked back over to her desk.

"I feel like you’re tired, you can head back to the mansion. I won’t be getting back until late." She spoke.

"No, I'm fine I'll wait all night on you" he was smiling at her, his emerald orbs were filling with joy and happiness.

A few hours had passed and he fell asleep in one of the chairs in her office, she kept taking glances at him sleeping peacefully and would just start to grin from ear to ear.

She planted a soft kiss on his forehead and he still didnt budge.

"Damn it! Hes going to make me do something embarrassing to wake him up" so she locked lips with him.

His emerald orbs then flew opened fast.

She broke the kiss
"The hell was that for?" He asked.

"Because I tried to wake you 5 different times and you never budged, c'mon let's go back to the mansion. I'm ready for bed"

He hurriedly stood to his feet, he couldn't wait to get back and hold her while the two sleep again. It's been so long and well over due.

When they got back to the mansion, she had went and took a bath while Athrun was laying there, half awake.

"I wonder....where she put that ring" he was eyeing all around the room, looking for a spot she may have put it.

"I bet it's in one of those drawers" he thought.

He skimned through the contents of the drawer and there was a velvet red ring box. He opened it and there was the ring. He grabbed it out and neatly placed things back in the drawer and slipped the ring in his pocket. Athrun heard her talking to herself coming down the hall so he had just faced away from the door.

"Athrun??" She asked and he didnt answer.

She walked over to her edge of the bed and she noticed he was faking sleep.

"Listen I know your faking. I know when your asleep"

He started chuckling and turned around amd smiled at her. Athrun took her by surprise, he grabbed her hand and placed the ring back on her finger.

"What? Where? How?"

"I did my own investigation, I wanted to slip it back on myself, sorry." He said, grinning like an idiot.

"Your such an idiot...." she said, as she face planted into his chest and he wrapped his arms around her tightly.

The two laid there holding eachother tightly for a whole and slowly drifted to sleep.

Finish