𝙸𝚝'𝚜 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙴𝚗𝚍

"Tubbo," Tommy breathes, smoothly, effortlessly, through unclogged airways. " I forgive you." 

 Tubbo feels his chest swell and seize with warmth, an ache deep in his heart that rings through the night.

He chokes back tears, happy tears, tears he knows he doesn't deserve, but Tommy is giving them back, the joy and happiness he thought had left him long ago. Tubbo lets his eyes drift shut,  moonlight painting a pale picture across his still features.

" I forgave you the moment I saw your face when I came back home," he says, Remembering Tubbo clad in the dark silky suit,  tears cutting down his face. 

But perhaps that's untrue, Tommy knows he forgave Tubbo long before that. he forgave him the second his Exile was announced, the second the words that slipped so sadly, so cruelly from Tubbos mouth settled in. He forgave him on the boat with Ghostbur and Dream, and when his world was falling apart in explosions. He forgave as he stood at the top of the Tower he built, staring out into the ocean ahead, he forgave him when he clutched those tear-stained pictures full of echoing memories, and he forgave him as he jumped, from that same tower, falling down, down, down. 

And most importantly, Tommy forgives him now, here, with Tubbo finally listening.

And the past is gone yet still beating strangely, sternly in their hearts, and the future is unknowingly ahead, just out of reach. But maybe one day they'll reach it, reach it together. 

But then again maybe they won't. 

But that's okay, because as we know it, as they sit on the bench, breathing, but not in time, hand in hand. Together - it's the end. 

______

The Kids Are Alright <3