camping

Hermione's POV

To help me get through my "breakup" with Draco, my friends planned a girls' getaway to forget about everything that happened. I'm extremely grateful for having amazing friends like these, but I can't help but feel like something is missing from my life.

"Luna, can you pass me the marshmallows please?" asked Pansy. Luna nodded and handed the former Slytherin the bag.

Astoria, Ginny, Lavender, Pansy, Luna and I were all sitting around the campfire near our camper, making s'mores, roasting marshmallows and chatting the night away.

It was clear that they wanted to ask me about Draco, but they probably knew that it was still sort of a sensitive subject for me.

That was until Pansy finally broke the tension by carefully asking, "So Mione, erm, what's going to happen between you and Draco? Will you guys stay friends? Or will you-"

"Pans! It's still too early for that topic!" interrupted Ginny.

I lightly laughed and said, "It's okay, Ginny. I'm fine, thanks though."

Pansy then gave Ginny a look as if to say 'HA I told you so.' . The ginger just rolled her eyes.

"Anyways, I wouldn't mind being friends with him eventually, but not yet. I don't think I'm ready to see him for now, and I'm sure he feels the same." I said.

They all nodded in agreement. Lavender then spread a playful grin on her face and asked, "So, Adrian Pucey, huh? What's happening with him?"

"Yeah! Like where the hell did he come from? I basically forgot about him. He's cute though, maybe he'll distract you from Draco." suggested Luna.

"I don't know, he seems sweet. Honestly, he was never even that rude to me during Hogwarts. Despite that, he did apologize to me for everything, even though I kept telling him that he didn't really do anything. I guess that I could give him a try." I admitted.

After hearing what I said, my friends squealed in excitement and Pansy and Ginny even chanted: "Mione has a boyfriend!" over and over.

I tried to look annoyed at them and said, "I do not, he didn't even ask me out yet. Hell, I'm not even sure if he actually likes me or if he's just being friendly."

Astoria shook her head and answered, "No Mione, Pucey isn't the type to flirt with anyone because he's being friendly. When he flirts, he means it." Pansy nodded in agreement.

Lavender and Luna squealed in excitement and Ginny gave me a smirk. I felt myself blush and quickly changed the subject to try and forget about it for now.

Even after I successfully changed the subject, my mind was still on the subject of Adrian Pucey possibly being interested in me. But at the same time, I don't want this to be the end of me and Draco.