date night

A/N: this has always been one of my favourite and most adored ideas for a date so i thought i'd make a lil story out of it. enjoy!!

It was the last day of the week which was one of the only days I got off from work so I decided to take advantage of my day in the best way possible- watching Netflix and eating.

Billie had been gone for a while, she told me that her schedule for the day was absolutely insane and she probably wouldn't be back until much later in the evening.

Although I usually love to spend my days off with her, I guess it was alright to just have a day of doing absolutely nothing on my own.

Pulling myself up from my laying position, I grabbed the remote and paused my show.

I reached over to the coffee table in front of me and grabbed my empty water bottle.

I stood up from the couch and let the blanket fall off my lap and onto the floor. Billie hated when I left things scattered around the house but since she wasn't here I didn't have to worry about that right now.

Sluggishly, I dragged my feet over to the kitchen and opened the fridge door. I grabbed the water jug out of the fridge and filled my water bottle all the way to the top, taking a quick swig before I placed the lid back on.

Just as I was about to make my way back over to the couch and continue vegetating, I heard the front door lock click and the door swinging open.

Shark shot up from the couch and started barking loudly towards the front of the house.

"It's okay baby, it's okay" I called out towards him in an attempt to stop the barking.

"Billie? That you?" I called from the kitchen, a little bit worried about who might've just entered. She told me she wasn't going to be home until much later, but I heard the lock slide open so that means it must have been her.

"Surprise! I'm home!" Billie exclaimed from the front hallway, making her way over to me in a light jog.

"Jesus, you scared the shit out of me." I sighed out of relief, wrapping my arms around her once she was close enough to hold.

"I'm sorry baby, I didn't mean to scare you." She whispered as she lay little kisses on my cheek.

I let myself relax into her touch and then stepped back from her embrace for a moment. "Why are you home?" I asked quizzically, scratching the top of my head in confusion.

"Because I lied."

"What?" I questioned her, wondering why she would lie about such a thing.

"I only had one thing to do today. I just told you I would be super busy today so you were even more excited when I came home and then took you on this awesome date I have planned for us." She explained to me before running over to the couch to greet Shark, flipping him over on his belly and showering him with kisses and pets.

"A date?!" I shouted out ecstatically. Billie knew just how much I loved going on dates with her since we were both always so busy and it was difficult to make time for these things.

It was also really difficult to find a place where we could go out in public together as a couple and not be bombarded by paparazzi and fans, but we always managed to find a way to get around that.