One: Life Like Clockwork

PROLOGUE

Tick tok, tick tok, click...

Boom!

I opened my eyes and see green but mostly crimson red.

I held his hand and felt the last rush of adrenaline. Just enough to keep me going.

Long enough to see his face once more.

"Good bye, my dear."

He gently whispered, as I was on the verge of tears. Feeling his hand rest on mine, feeling the last sensation I will and would ever have.

"Good bye, my dove."

Then I saw a faint light towards the day break like the heavens opened up as I felt my tears rush down my cheeks.

***End of Prologue***

America's POV

I woke up in my dark yet stunning and spine-tingling room.

Enchanted by the sweet spring air, my lady-in-waiting, Lucy brought it in the serene room. As she drew back the curtains to let the air swirl and fill up my lonely but beautiful space.

I slowly rose up from the bed and hugged her tight and whispered,

"Good morning, sissy!"

She nodded and happily hugged me back then I squirmed out of my morning dress to get ready to get to the shower.

To get ready to face reality.

My cruel reality.

***

I stepped in the bath and shivered as the cold water showered and tickled my rather sensitive, pale white freckled skin. This complexion mesmerized many admirers that I have no emtional attachment for.

Except for the one boy who always took in my designed ball gowns for The New Year, The Great Feast, Christmastime, and Halloween.

When I see his face, I feel like I knew him in one of of my past lives.

Not that I remember it or anything... does it even matter anymore.

My "benevolent" and "beloved" parents just sold me off to General Maxon Schreave, the dictatorial leader of the New Asia, formerly called the Republic of China or the Chinese Republic.

I don't even know him. I don't even want to marry him.

Much more want to know more about him. All I know is that he is a horrible, monstrous piece of crap.

He killed the innocent and guilty like they were just the same people and what not.

He doesn't care even for the welfare of others, just himself, his country, and my country.

In a bad, no, atrocious way.

A megalomaniac, just like my parents.