Prologue

I smiled and hummed as my flames swirled around me and enveloped my back before forming wings. I spread my wings and flew through the sky. The wind kissed my flames as I let my whole body burn into a brilliant blazing fire.

I smiled and submerged myself in lava with my wings slightly encasing my small frame. Being a fire nymph had its perks, and one of them was immunity to lava and obviously fire. I loved the feeling as the heat melted away the stress of this week. Stress that had built up from shielding myself from the unforgiving storms that have plagued me with tremendous pain whenever I was in my natural form.

I had always hated the cold for fairly obvious reasons. Whenever it snowed, the pain of snowflakes melting on my natural body was irritating and a bit painful, but it didn't even come close to the agony of rain. Rain was unbearable. I could name so many things wrong with rain, but I really don't feel like getting worked up in such a nice place.

As I sank deeper and deeper beneath the lava I felt myself dozing off. I was too tired to notice that I wasn't just sinking down in relaxation. I was being pulled down by some sort of swirling vortex that only slowly swallowed the living creatures that get within it's range.