Chapter 1

Chapter 1:

I was awoken by a loud crash. I realized I was still tied to the chair and have not eaten anything in ages. I could hear people crying out of despair and pain, sword slashes and screaming. It bought shivers down my spine I opened my eyes to see the first light, the first I must have seen in weeks. Who was it? Is it the captors? Are they here to torture me again?

No... it was Gwendie my maid and soldiers they were finally here to save me! After weeks I am finally safe... I can rest now. Gwendie threw herself at me, I could smell strawberry cheesecake, my favourite. I felt safe in her embrace. It felt great to feel warm after all this time. I did not notice she was calling my name. I looked her in the eye and then everything went dark.

***

I woke up and I saw Gwendie healing my wounds and putting ointment on. "You're awake my lady. How are you feeling?"

"I'm well. Where are we going?" I asked hesitantly but I needed to know. "You should be grateful your wounds aren't too deep. Your skin is very clean and healthy you will get better soon." She said avoiding my question.

"Please don't change the subject. Answer me. Where are we going?" "We are going home." She explained. "I wanted to keep it a surprise, but I couldn't."

I'm not the same innocent, weak teenager anymore. I have changed. I've learnt not to trust people easily. The hard way.

Home. The one place I wanted to be. The place I was trying to get to. I am finally going there! I did not realize but I was jumping around. Gwendie told me it would be best if I sleep that will heal my wounds quicker. I will not lie they did hurt. So, I fell asleep. In hopes of arriving there soon.

When we arrived, I saw it. It was home. It was the same lifeless manor. I remember the first time I came here.

I remember I came home after I practised my swordsmanship. I love swordsmanship, singing, archery, killing, using guns and weapons and horse riding. To be honest I was a hella b*&^$. My mother told me I am getting married to Lord Zylan. "What do you mean? It's an arranged marriage, isn't it?! I aint getting married to some old man!"

"It is an arranged marriage! Yes. But you are not getting married to some old man!" blah blah blah. Ugh Father's gone on another lecture. He always gets angry with me. What choice do I have? I ran upstairs to bed. I can hear mother calming my father down.

The next morning mother told the chefs to give me healthier and less food. Then I was taught speaking etiquettes, sword dancing, graceful horse riding. About a year later. I came to this exact manor.

My thoughts were interrupted by a figure. No, it was Zylan. With his emerald, green eyes and tousled blonde hair. I ran up to him and hugged him tight. "I missed you." He murmured. That was the last thing I heard him say before I dozed off.

The next morning:

I woke up to find myself in the embrace of Zylan. I could smell his sandalwood and a strong perfume. Something I have never seen him put on. Was I gone for that long. Long enough for his likes and dislikes to change?

I was safe. But why? Why did I feel uncomfortable? I could see him smiling. When he looked at me tears were going down his cheek. I held no resentment towards him. It was my fault not his. I thought this and wiped the tears out of his eyes.

"Sapph are you-" he asked in a worried tone but was interrupted by his butler.

"Please forgive me your highness but Lady Verose would like to know whether you are spending your evening with her." he said in a calm tone but was interrupted by me.

"Lady Verose? WAIT. What? What do you mean spending his evening with her?" I said with a confused face.

"Sapph it's not what you think it-".

"Lady Sapphire you need to calm-" Gwendie tried to say something.

"What you mean it's not what I think it is?!"

God, I knew this would happen, but this is way too early.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

trust me it gets better!!!