THIRTEEN

Trigger warning.

𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻
☦︎︎

the following morning eve was woken up by the smell of fresh eggs and bacon, she groggily placed her feet onto the Wooden floor, the floor boards creaking as she did so, she walked out of Solomons room shivering as her body was hit with a breeze of cool air.

"Goodmorning" she whispered as she wrapped her arms around his lanky frame, he placed one arm around her slouched shoulders, he peered down at her smiling as he did so.

"Goodmorning how'd you sleep?" he unwrapped his arm from around her as he filled her plate with a good portion of food.

"I slept better then I have in weeks, how about you?" her back was now turned to him, she placed the table cloth on the table before she sat down.

"I slept great, I hope you don't mind the eggs are kinda overcooked" she laughed as she watched him place the plate down in front of her.

"it's okay Solomon my father isn't a very good cook either, my mother was the one who did all of the cooking before she passed" Evelyn ate her food slowly not wanting to upset her stomach.

"so I'm a bad cook now?!" his hands were placed on his hips making her break out into fits of laughter.

"no I like the food you make don't worry" she smiled as she watched him sit down beside her.

"Eat up" he spoke as he scarfed down his breakfast.

the two ate in silence, once Eve finished she waited patiently for Solomon to finish before grabbing his empty plate.

"you don't have to evelyn" he grabbed her free arm making her smile and turn around.

"I want too think of it as a thank you for letting me stay the night" he smiled towards the girl as he watched her walk towards the sink.

he admired the way she looked so effortlessly beautiful, the sparkle in her brown eyes was enough to make his heart melt.

he could feel his heart beating rapidly as she returned from washing the two plates, she smiled at him..her smile was truly beautiful to him and he would do anything to see her smile everyday.

He loved the way her long curly hair flowed down her back perfectly, the scarf that was placed around around her head was now discarded onto the dinner table beside Solomon, he loved her natural hair.

"i should get going or father will me mad" he nodded as we he watched the girl slip on her muddy slippers.

"be safe" the kiss that was placed on her head sent shiveres down her spine, the hair on her neck stood up, she smiled shyly and walked out of his home.

she headed through union, her long hair swaying with the wind as she walked through the small town, she waved at issac before stepping into her home.

calling her fathers name out softly, she looked all around the home for him, as she walked into his bedroom her eyes filled with terror.

"FATHER" her screams echoed throughout the home, she watched her fathers lifeless body dangle from the rope that was attached to the pipe on the ceiling.

her heart clenched as she felt tears slowly make their way down her face, she walked towards his pale body and shook him.

"no no no wake up wake up" she frantically screamed out, she untied the noose and watched his body fall limp onto the wooden floor.

"father no" she whimpered out, she sat down next to him, Eve held the man in her arms, light sobs escaped the girls lips.

her cheeks puffed up from all the tears that had been falling out of her eyes, the heat in the room due to the summer heat caused a pink tint to stain her cheek bones.

she heard footsteps make their way through her house, she didn't bother to look up and see who's there because she already knew.

"evelyn? What happened" Elijah gasped, evelyn looked up expecting to see Solomon but was shocked when she saw his brother instead.

"I-i don't know Elijah I came home and he was hanging from the roof with a rope around his neck, he killed himself" she sobbed loudly, the mans features softened as tears brimmed his eyes.

he ran back out of the house, his lungs screamed for him to stop running but his legs never gave up, he panted, his chest rose up and down.

Sweat beads fell down his forehead and made their way down towards his mouth, he banged on Solomons door loudly.

"Solomon! Solomon!" Elijah yelled out, Solomon rushed to the door and swung it open.

"what is it Elijah?" his brows furrowed, a confused look was plastered all over his face.

"it's George, he killed himself, evelyn need you NOW!" Solomons heart dropped, the adrenaline pumped through his veins, he didn't dare to shut his door before he broke out in a sprint.

he ran barefoot all the way through union, leaving Elijah behind him, he ran into the fier residence screaming for evelyn.

her sobs could be heard throughout union, everyone's heart broke for her, her whole family was gone.

"Solomon please help me I don't know what to do" she cried out as she watched him pull her fathers body away from her, he pulled her in for a comforting hug.

"I'm so sorry" he rocked back and forth with her in his arms, she held onto him like her life was depending on it.

Elijah soon ran into the room with Caleb trailing behind him like a lost puppy, the men grabbed her fathers body and lifted him up, grunting as they did so.

"this house is cursed Solomon my whole family is gone, this isn't a home this is a death trap" her voice broke down making Solomons heart break.

"pack your stuff" she sniffled and looked up at him, he stood up and held his hand out for the girl.

she did nothing but nod, she wasn't going to argue with him over it, she couldn't step foot in here anymore, this house was evil.

she packed all over her belongings in her tote, evelyn grabbed Solomons hand and dragged him out of the place she once called home.

but that place was dead to her now, that place got her whole family killed, she wasn't going to be apart of that.

she hates to admit it but perhaps Thomas was right about the devil, maybe he was right about Sarah...maybe her whole family is cursed.