𝓛𝓾𝓵𝓵𝓪𝓫𝔂

𝕁𝕦𝕤𝕥 𝕓𝕖𝕔𝕒𝕦𝕤𝕖 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕔𝕒𝕟'𝕥 𝕤𝕖𝕖 𝕤𝕠𝕞𝕖𝕠𝕟𝕖, 𝕚𝕥 𝕕𝕠𝕖𝕤𝕟'𝕥 𝕞𝕖𝕒𝕟 𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕪 𝕒𝕣𝕖𝕟'𝕥 𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕖.
............................................................................

TW: blood, death, suicide, injury, blades, corpses

............................................................................

She stood, leaning against the door frame of the dark and hidden corridor, watching silently as the girl talked happily with her friends. Like a hawk, she stared at the woman that caused his departure, waiting for the perfect moment to lunge out at her and watch as the crimson blood pooled out of the hole in her throat. Blue eyes stone cold, she stayed as still as a lion stalking it's prey as the girl's friends dispersed from the area. Giving her a brief moment to be fully alone, she dashed forward out of the security of the shadows and struck out her hand, piercing skin with her sharp and rustic blades. She watched as the young woman fell to the ground, quickly losing her grasp on life. She stood straight and stared down in satisfaction as the girl let out one last unfulfilling breath, and then jolted to a stop, never to live again. She loomed over the dead body and retrieved her weapon from it's neck, and then turned back to the dark corridor, vanishing into the shadows, a small smirk playing at her lips.

.............

Three Months Prior

.............

Jade POV

Bright light shined through the apartment window and landed on my face, waking me up with burning eyes.

Light snowfall followed after the snowstorm last night, showing just how cold it was in New York this January.

Ugh.

Sitting up, I reached over to my phone and opened it, crossing my fingers that I wouldn't have too many work emails or co-star text messages. I huffed out a sigh of relief when I saw that there was only a couple, and then I swung my feet over the side of the bed, yawning. Turning my head, I looked at the other end of the bed.

Empty.

Hm.

Facing forward once more, I got up off of the bed and got myself ready for the day. On the way to the bathroom, the sweet smell of pancakes and berries filled my nose. The smell, although nice, didn't sit well in my stomach while I was brushing my teeth.

I walked down the hall and entered the kitchen, a surprising sight catching my gaze as I went into the room.

"What are you doing up so early?"

Beck turned away from the stove and looked at me, a sickly sweet smile on his lips.

"I got up a little earlier than you so I could surprise you with breakfast before work."

I smiled and made my way to him, and then pecked his lips.

"You didn't have to do that, babe," I said.

Beck turned back to the cooking pancakes and replied.

"Of course I did! You make me food everyday, so I figured that it was my turn."

I nodded and then took a seat at the table, popping a strawberry in my mouth. After a few minutes, Beck placed a plate with three fluffy flapjacks in front of me. The aroma filled the air and brought another smile to my lips at the warmth.

"Thank you, these are really good!"

He chuckled at my pancake-muffled words and sat down next to me.