TEN

^els swimsuit, maxs is the same in red^

"Sometimes I get so scared of what I can't
understand, but here I am, next to you, the sky is more blue, in Malibu" Malibu, Miley Cyrus

    The sun barely rose above the trees in the early morning where the three oldest Hopper siblings were rolling their suitcases out and saying goodbye to the family they were leaving behind for a few days. Jonathan had come home the day before, apologizing for not being home as soon as he heard about Sara, but settling back in with his family just fine.

    "I don't want you to go!" Sara whined. She was told to sleep in but insisted on wishing her siblings goodbye. El kneeled down to her height, hugging her tightly. She spoke softly in her ear, "it'll be ok. I'll call you everyday. In a blink of an eye I'll be back home, I promise."

    Sara sighed, "ok.." El smiled at her sister and kissed her forehead before standing up. They had already hugged their parents goodbye, now waiting for Mike and Nancy to get here. "Nancy texted they just left, so we should get outside," Jonathan tells them.

    The six of them walked outside, grabbing the last of their things and walking towards Nancy's car when they pulled up. El and Will practically sprinted to the car, throwing their suitcases in the trunk and slinging the smaller bags over their shoulders to pack in the backseat. Lucas was already there too, him and Mike in the middle seat leaving the passenger seat for Jonathan. Out of Lucas and Mike's earshot, Will smiles, "I'll take the back with Dustin and Max." El was a little surprised he didn't wanna sit with them. Oh, right. Will was gonna make her miserable by noticeably taunting her about Mike the whole week.

    "Are you all gonna play that stupid game all week?" El responds.
    Will smirks, "what stupid game?" She shoves him softly and hops in the left side of the car next to Mike who was in the middle. "Why are you guys fighting already?" Jonathan asks from the front.

    "Nothing," El retorts, crossing her arms and sighing. Jonathan and Nancy share a look. "That's my cue to not ask because I do not want to know," Jonathan jokes.

    On the way to pick up Max and Dustin it was comfortably silent due to everyone's early morning exhaustion. The minute Max opened the door the noise level rose. "Hey losers! Also El and Nancy," she practically screams.

    "That's like a compliment, Nancy," El grins. The girl in the front smiles at the teens. "Lucas, go in the back and you two scooch over. I don't wanna go to the back," Max forcefully waves to the three in the middle.

"Uh, no!" Lucas makes a face. His girlfriend rolls her eyes. "I'll let you win some games at the arcade later. And we can get a chocolate milkshake instead of strawberry."

    "Ugh, fine," Lucas gets out of the car to open the back and climb in. Max yells yes and climbs in next to El who was now squished in the middle between Max and Mike. El made a heart with her hand and showed it to Max with a smile, a thanks for saving her from an hour ride to the airport of nervous torture.

    Next stop was Dustin, who tiredly trudged to the backseat with barely any words and then they were off.

****

    The plane ride was uneventful, the majority of the group sleeping until they arrived at around two in the afternoon. They had to rent a car to get to the hotel they were staying at, sitting in basically the same seats except Jonathan drove.

    The resort was beautiful, bright and big. Palm trees were planted practically everywhere, the sun peeking through every corner. "So we got three rooms, Jonathan and I can take one but you six need to fight that out," Nancy explains.