No Return

The letter from my mother was a shock to my system. After last night all I had the energy to do was crawl to my bed and lay there as the sun peaked through the curtains. My phone was blowing up from everyone. We were planning to pawn off the piece of gold today, and then John B texted saying Ward invited him on a fishing trip tomorrow. I read the messages, but don't respond.

I just couldn't believe her. My mother. I didn't get it. I tried so hard to erase her. Although I inherited most of my features from my dad, I had her hair. People always complimented me about it. So when she left it was a constant reminder of her for both me and my dad so I dyed it dark. But when I looked in the mirror the roots shown through always reminding where I came from. And now to be told that she has been 'watching' me all along.

The house was buzzing with energy as the staff and my father prepared for the huge night. Even upstairs in my room, I could hear their excited chatter. It made me feel even worse. My dad continued this tradition for her, always hoping she would come home. He kept their room and her closet the same. He brings a suitcase of her summer clothes with us when we come here. He sets a place for her at the table. He still loved her despite how much she disappointed him and I hated it.

My thoughts were interrupted as my door creaked open, a blonde haired head poked through: "We have gold to sell, sleeping beauty!" I quickly blinked the tears from my eyes and smiled

My thoughts were interrupted as my door creaked open, a blonde haired head poked through: "We have gold to sell, sleeping beauty!" I quickly blinked the tears from my eyes and smiled. JJ glanced at me and his face shifted from happiness to worry, "Odette is everything okay?" I nodded, "Um, Yeah. I just couldn't fall asleep." He didn't push the subject any farther, I don't know if he didn't care or if he just didn't notice that I was lying. I wanted him to notice. "Hmm, well you need to get dressed".  He scooped me out of the bed and carried me to my bathroom. As I brushed my teeth he looked around my bathroom he looked at my shower and smirked at me, "You know I could use a shower." He walked behind me grabbing my hips and flipping me around to face him. I rolled my eyes turned around to rinse out the toothpaste and put my toothbrush, before shifting my attention back to him: "You wish." He fake pouted and I pressed a light kiss to his lips before walking into my closet to get dressed.

I grabbed a tank top, a pair of jean shorts, some old converse, the shell necklace JJ gave me a while ago and a crescent moon rang Sarah lent me. I looked at JJ and gave me a confused face, "What?" I laughed, "Turn around". "Oh please, it's nothing I haven't seen before." I scowled at him and he turned around.

" I scowled at him and he turned around