You took my heart

Bright, somewhere in the world, March 1st 2021.

I am cold.

I am always cold now, ever since you left and took my heart with you.

There is nothing in the world that can warm me up. No embraces or lips are hot enough if they are not yours. And every time I think of you something shoots faintly, just like a fizzled out sparkle in the dark, trough the carved out space inside my chest – where my racing heart had once rested. But now, it is cold and dark there, the wound is festering and spreading numbness through my veins like poison. Left are only the echoes of our once happy memories, raining over the barren landscape like tiny flecks of gold. Fragile and fleeting but burning like acid. My most treasured memories, and they were of you.

It has always been you.

Since the moment I saw you, my heart had already been reserved just for you. And when the time came around, I did just that. I confidently gave my heart away, trusting you to exchange it for yours but that never happened. You never came back to fulfill your part of our promise. I waited and waited, body growing numb without a beating heart. But you disappeared straight into the world without a trace, just like a trail of smoke against the midsummer sky. You promised to come back but instead you left me and took the light with you.

I wish that I had done everything on earth with you when I had the chance, before it was too late. Because without you, I am nothing.

I love you and that is the start and end of everything.

So Win, are you happy now?

Are you living a good life with my heart beating inside of you?