Chapter 11

Y/n's POV

Before I went back to work, I made my resignation letter and got my clothes together. I had a sky blue suit on with a white blouse underneath and white flats to put the outfit together. I wore my hair into a high ponytail and I was on my way. When I got to the office, Saburo greeted me. "Y/n, it's nice to see you back. I love the new look" He smiled. I didn't respond to him, I just put the resignation letter on his desk. Saburo skimmed through it real quick and had a disappointed look on his face. "You're really quitting after all these years?" He asked. I nodded my head. "Y/n I've done so much for you and you're just gonna leave me?" He asked, putting his hand on my cheek. "Saburo I'm done with this place. The only reason why you treated me like this is because I was your puppet, you used me just for your success and I'm not having it for any longer. Not to mention that I got injured doing something that you ordered me to do". The entire office went silent. My little injury was supposed to be kept a secret but I could care less about Saburo's reputation. "You really let her get hurt?" One of my co-workers asked. "Y/n can we talk about this in private?" Saburo asked. "No, I have other things to do so let me leave this place" I said turning my back on Saburo. "Please don't go" Saburo said. I stuck my middle finger up high so him and everyone else could see that I was done being used for other's success. Later that day I met up with Oda and the president of the Armed Detective Agency. The president was an older man named Yukichi Fukuzawa. He wore traditional Japanese clothing and had a serious look on his face. I hope he likes me, I thought to myself. Oda had already gotten the job so the president must've been lenient. Oda and the president walked into the restaurant together. "You must be Y/n, you're Oda's wi- girlfriend" Fukuzawa said. What was he gonna say, I asked myself. "I am, it's nice to finally meet you" I smiled. I was so nervous. Oda noticed and he held onto my hand. I took a deep breath in and calmed down a bit. Fukuzawa was looking at my resume. "So you have experience working with the government?" He asked. "Yes I was working there for 8 years" I explained. "Did you enjoy your time there" He asked. "Uh umm well I liked it first but then I got tired of being there" I said. "I see" He said in a monotone voice. There was silence for a moment. "Y/n, you're hired, you start work next Monday" Fukuzawa said. My face instantly lit up. "Really?" I asked. He nodded. "Thank you so much" I said. Fukuzawa made his out of the restaurant and Oda stayed with me for a bit. I smiled brightly at Oda. "I got the job" I said. It was still surprising that another company was willing to hire me after my past. "Y/n...I wanted to talk you about something" Oda said. "What is it?" I asked Oda. "...what are we gonna do with the kids?" He hesitated but spoke up after a moment. "Want me to look after them?" I asked. "I was thinking that we all move in together...if it's okay with you" Oda asked, thinking that I'd deny the offer. "I'm down" I simply replied. "Really?" He asked. "Yeah. Are the kids in school?" I asked. "The boys are but Sakura hasn't started kindergarten yet" Oda explained. "Do you think she's ready for pre-school?" I asked. "We can try but if she doesn't like it, we take her out as soon as possible" Oda said. A small smile grew on my face. Oda loved those kids with all of his heart. "Why are you smiling?" He asked. "No reason, it's just heart warming how much you love those kids" I explained. Oda smiled back. "Anyways, I'll look for a big house for all of us and you get back to work" I said, getting up from the table. "How are we gonna pay for the house?" Oda asked. "Don't worry about, I have the money, you get to work and take care of the kids. I'll see you this evening, bye" I sad before giving Oda a kiss.

Oda's POV

When I got home, I saw Y/n sitting down at the dinner table and Kōsuke and Katsumi were doing their homework. "Why is it so quiet in here?" I asked. "Cause Yū Shinji and Sakura are sleeping and these two are doing their homework" Y/n explained. How in the hell did she make those two do their homework? I thought. "Why are you looking at me like that?" Y/n asked. Kōsuke and Katsumi looked at me like I was their last hope. I didn't even know what Y/n did that made them actually do their homework. "Well, it's getting late, I think you two should head off to bed" Y/n said. "But I don't wanna go to sleep" Kōsuke whined. Y/n glared at him. "I'm sorry, I'll go to bed right now!" He said. The two then headed to bed. "Anyways how was work?" Y/n asked. "It was fine did you make any progress in finding another house?" I asked. "Yeah, I did. It's a house with 6 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms. I haven't made any purchases yet" Y/n explained. "Wow, you don't waste time" I said. "Wanna see the house?" Y/n asked. "Yeah" I replied. Y/n opened her laptop and showed me the house. It was huge and every bedroom was spacious. "You like it?" She asked. "Yeah, want me to help you pay for it?" I asked. "I already told you, I got this" Y/n said again. "So...we're gonna move in together with the kids" Y/n said. "Guess so" I replied. "I never thought I'd be able to live a life like this but here I am" Y/n smiled. Seeing her truly smile was satisfying. Y/n was finally free from her stressful past that she hated so much. The only place that I wanted to go with her was forward. Hopefully I have the guts to get married to her.