Saigon

"were facing the things we turn away from, were chasing the way we were in Saigon"
Ian's pov

Me and Thao are sitting around the kitchen table with bills piled up on the table and our kids screaming in the background. She pours her 6th glass of wine, and I'm downing my 4th beer tonight trying to get through the bills and kids that we created.

After some time we finished the bills and put the kids to sleep and we finally head to bed but we both can't sleep because of stress. We lay there in silence and darkness when Thao speaks up "remember when we were in Saigon" I smile and turn towards her "like it was yesterday, I always daydream that day when I get stressed" "me too" she kisses me and rolls over and I do the same and I fall asleep dreaming of that day.

It was blazing hot when we step out of the airport carrying our bags and I see her beaming in excitement finally being in her hometown, Saigon. We take a bus through the busy lunch time streets to get to our hotel the reverie Saigon and drop stuff off and take a shower.

We take showers and get ready to explore and eat at her favourite restaurant. When she is getting ready in the bathroom I run over to my suitcase and pull out the ring that I'm going to propose to her with. I slide it in my leather jacket and she comes out ready to hit the town.

We go to the classic tourists places and after a long day we finally go and eat at cuc gach quan and we have an amazing time.

We finish eating and are walking around town when we walk to a little river connected to a park "this place is where my mom would take me when I felt sad and needed cheering up" she talks about her mom but all I can think about is her and how beautiful she looks tonight so In the spur of the moment I drop to my knees.

"marry me, I want to live with you for the rest of my life, I want our kids running around being crazy and us use this trip as a safe place our minds run off to, I want to love you with everything I have, so will you let me marry you" she looks stunned but quickly blurts out "of course you idiot I'll marry you"

I slowly open my eyes to see our kids laying in the bed with us and Thao looking over at me with a smile on her face "what is it love" I say she sighs "I had the best dream it was at our time in Saigon" I laughed "me too, little did I know we would be doing the exact same thing that I said we would do" we both laughed and looked down at the peaceful kids satisfied with the life we created together.

Here you guys go - Jess :)