01 | Funny Little Thing

This is a completely new chapter for the rereaders!!

I hope you enjoy! Lemme know what you think!!

•••

She woke with a jolt, her heart feeling as if it'd beat out of her chest. With wide, frantic eyes, she scanned the room around her. She was in her bedroom, the sun was just beginning to rise. The last thing she remembered was Loki killing her dog. How did she get in here? Did she faint?

Her brain wanted her to believe everything that just happened was a dream, but her gut told her otherwise-as did the sound of heavy footsteps coming up the stairs. She attempted to jump out of bed, but her heavy limbs prevented her from moving too quickly. Her heartbeat quickened at the realization he must have sedated her.

She searched the room, her eyes landing on a broom she left in here. It wasn't much, but at least she could use it to protect herself without getting too close. She did her best not to trip over her own feet as she shuffled to the window. With lazy bones, she lifted it with all her might.

Nothing.

It didn't even budge.

Her heart clenched horribly in her chest as if he had reached inside and abused the organ himself. "No," she whispered to herself and kept prying at the window.

She must have been out longer then she thought. He locked it from the outside. That wasn't there before.

The footsteps drew closer and closer, making her more desperate for a way out. In a last ditch effort, right before she heard the squeaking of the door hinges, she threw herself under the bed.

The door opened.

"Odd," Loki's voice drawled. "I could have sworn I left Summer in here."

His footsteps went to the opposite side of the room. "Well, she's not over here." He mused before walking to the window. "And no over here." He taunted as if he were playing hide and seek with a child.

That meant he knew where she was. Fear gripped her throat, making it hard for her to breathe, his shoes now in front of her face.

"Was the bed really the best you could do, love? Isn't that a little... cliche?"

From under the bed, she kicked his shins with all her might to buy her some time. She scrambled out from under the bed and headed straight towards the door.

She only made it as far as the doorway until she was thrown back into the room. She grunted in pain as she hit the floor. The door slammed shut and once again, she was trapped in the room.

From the other side of the door, Loki tsked. "When you're ready to talk, come find me."

•••

She wasn't sure how much time went by. At least a day, she was sure. She was sure he'd grow impatient and come get her, but he didn't. He kept to his word. He wanted her to go to him

The only way out was the bedroom door, but it was ungodly loud. The hinges were rusted and creaked at the slightest movement- which meant she had no way to escape to another room without him hearing. Even if she was quick enough, she was sure he locked all the windows from the outside anyway.

Her body trembled violently as she inched towards the door. Should she try to escape again? Fight him? Compromise with him? Her brain was all over the place, giving her a headache, but the rumble in her stomach and the way she felt the ground sway under her feet pushed her forward. She needed food before she passed out and was completely venerable to him.

Slowly, the door creaked open. She shuddered and hesitantly took a step out. Her head snapped in both directions of the hallway, only to find no one there. The old wooden floorboards groaned under her weight as she started her journey down the stairs and into the kitchen. Once again, the room was empty.

Now begs the question; should she try to escape now and risk pissing him off and being caught again? Or steal some food and rush back to the room?

"You've finally decided to come see me?"

She nearly jumped out of her skin at the sound of his sudden voice and whipped around to face Loki. He watched her, intensely. His green eyes held more darkness then any pair of brown eyes she had ever seen.

He reached out a hand, but it slowly dropped when she flinched. He sucked in a sharp breath and muttered, "You're scared... I won't hurt you." He told her, softly. What else could he say? He wanted to make her feel more comfortable, but he didn't think words could fix this problem.

She opened and closed her mouth, but no words came out. Her throat went dry and tight, her tongue couldn't form words even if she wanted to. She swallowed hard and poked her tongue out to wet her lips, but still, no words. She internally screamed at her brain, not wanting to anger him, but the mere thought of him being angry paralyzed her and immobilized her brain.

She backed away unsteadily as he prowled closer. Finally she was able to cry out, "don't!"

She was surprised when he complied and remained on the opposite side of the island. He hummed lowly, seemingly studying her trembling body closely. His haunting eyes trailed up her body before his eyes landed on hers. "What is it you want?" He inquired. "I said to only leave the room when you're ready to talk."

She visibly tensed. Just play his game, Summer, she told herself. "I am ready to talk, but I'm also hungry." She stated as firmly as she could.

He chuckled, his fingers drumming on the countertop. "Yes, I would assume so. It's been two days."

Two days? Though her body mainly trembled in fear, it was also from hunger. She's never felt so weak. Even just standing up was taking a toll on her, making the room spin around her. Maybe it was more then hunger. "I'm willing to talk if you give me food." She bargained, making him laugh.

"Funny little thing, you are." He mused as he took a seat at the kitchen table. He leaned back in his chair, legs spread. "How about this.... You come sit with me, and I'll answer whatever questions you have for me while you eat."

Her eyes widened. He was inviting her to sit on his lap. She recoiled at the thought. "On... on a chair?" She rasped, her throat sore.

"Does it look like that's what I was insinuating?"

She choked back a frustrated sob and pleaded, "please, I'm.... I'm scared, I'm hungry, I don't understand what's happening. Please just let me eat."

"Yes, and you can do that. Over here. With me." He said, rather curtly. "Don't test me darling."

Maybe if she sat in his lap and she had the fork in her hand, she could stab him and run away. She swallowed hard and took shaky steps towards him. The more she walked, the more the room began to spin around her. She took a break at the island to catch herself from falling.

"Are you alright?" He asked as if he were concerned.

Stay awake, Summer. Stay awake. "I'm fine-" a violent cough came up from her throat, cutting herself off. It was then Loki realized how pale and flushed her skin was. She must be sick.

Before she could hit the floor, strong arms pulled her into a firm chest. She panicked and flailed her heavy limbs, but he just gently hushed her. "Shh, it's alright." He said, softly, as he scooped her up in his arms.

It wasn't until the plush mattress hit her back that she realized he took her to the bedroom. She shook her head at the feeling of a big hand placed on her forehead. "You're burning up." She heard him mutter.

In and out of consciousness and burning up with a fever, she was hardly aware Loki left her, only to come back with some soup.

"You don't know how lucky you are. I'm going to protect you. Provide for you." She heard him whisper, a hand cupping the back of her head as someone fed her soup. Was it him? "Don't act so ungrateful." Was the last thing she heard before she fell asleep again.

Please don't forget to comment and vote!!