𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

SO, APPARENTLY, ROBIN WAS IN VALINOR.

At least that was what Gandalf had said when she asked more about this beautiful place. The Gardens of Lórien were the home of the Vala Irmo and his wife Estë, located in Lórien in the land of Valinor.

Valinor was the home of the Valar, so this was not the same Lórien Robin had lived in during her first months in Middle Earth.

"How am I here?" Robin asked Gandalf, as the two of them sat near a fountain, accompanied by the golden-haired elleth she had met when she first woke up in the Gardens, and who she had soon learned was named Valaina.

She couldn't help but wonder the reason behind her sudden appearance in Valinor, as it didn't make sense. So she just figured to ask, as stupid as it may be, because she just had to make sure her heart was still beating.

"I'm not dead, right?"

The wizard chuckled at her doubt and shook his head. "No, Robin. You are very much alive."

She sighed in relief. That was good... hopefully.

Then she frowned. "But, unless I'm mistaken, Elves can only travel to Valinor when they sail. Or they go to Aman after dwelling in the Halls of Mandos when they die. And, according to what you just said, none of those have happened to me yet."

The golden-haired Lady beamed proudly at Robin. "What did I tell you, Olórin? Her knowledge of this world is extensive and she seems to remember information very well. That's marvelous. It will certainly keep up her advantage."

"Certainly, dear Valaina." Nodded the wizard in agreement. "I think they will make a great team."

They? And what team?

Robin stared in silence as her companions spoke within themselves, wondering if they had suddenly forgotten she was sitting right between them.

"I'm sorry to interrupt, and I truly don't mean to be rude- " She exclaimed, tired of not receiving any answers. "But can someone explain to me how the fuck I got here and what the hell is going on!?"

She was patient when she wanted to, but this had been a long day, and she was tired of not getting the answers she desperately sought.

They seemed a little surprised by her sudden outburst, but at least they didn't look offended at her choice of words, and for that, Robin was grateful.

"Please," She softly added, because manners always came first. (Except when she sometimes randomly decided they didn't.)

Sighing contentment when they stopped talking and turned to her, she looked up at them in expectation. They stared in silence, before chuckling.

"Manwë will love you, surely." Lady Valaina smiled, before looking at the maiar. They seemed to be having some kind of telepathic conversation. Robin wasn't sure if that was possible, but she was living in a world that was supposed to be fictional, so she just shrugged it off. After all, who was she to question anything?

In the end, the elleth nodded at Gandalf, and they turned to Robin once again, ready to give her answers.

"After the placement of the Sun and Moon in the skies, the Valar were concerned with both the accumulating threat of Melkor and the new-found enmity with the Noldoli after the Kinslaying. Deeming that Valinor was becoming unsafe, it was decided for the continent of Aman to be enclosed from the rest of the Earth." Gandalf started explaining. "Therefore, just like you mentioned, the only way for elves to get to the Undying Lands from Middle Earth has ever since been sailing. Or arriving after dwelling in the Halls of Mandos."