Trust [Pt. 3]

August 20, 2021
Manhattan, New York 10:30 pm

Robyn's POV :

"Girl come on get out the car you look fine" Melissa said to me as I kept checking my hair and my makeup. I have to look good I'm not bout to go in that club looking a mess. "Wait Mel, it been almost three years, everything has to be perfect" I said making Mel roll her eyes. "Girl you can go in there with a bonnet, bare-faced and in sweats and she'd still think you look good" I smiled knowing she was right, I just didn't want to mess this up again. I made a mistake and broke Y/N's heart, I should've never fucked with A$AP. When she left I was a mess I didn't eat or sleep properly without thinking about her and where she was. I tried calling and texting Aubrey, Solana, and Apollo but they wouldn't answer and I don't blame them. I was in the dark about everything.

After a year of waiting I came to the conclusion that we were really done, and she was done with me. I gave A$AP the chance he was feening for, but he wasn't Y/N, no one could ever be her. I just needed a distraction and A$AP was that for a little bit until he cheated, the irony am I right? I should've never trusted that nigga, how you darkskin with lightskin nigga energy, that's a big red flag. I just needed her back, it wasn't the same without her. I was checking everything for the past two and half years to see if I could figure out where she was. But nope nothing, not until after she dropped her mixtape. I would listen to it breaking down all the songs, and I could tell some of the songs were about me or us like 'Ivy' or 'Dear April', the both held a place in my heart, but 'Dear April' held a special place, it stayed with me; but hearing her say that we could never be the same broke me all over again.

We first met in April in 2014 when she was starting to build a name for herself and Aubrey introduced us, I still remember the day, on some cliché shit it's like I fell in love right there. She was funny, charming, amazing in general; how did I fuck that up. I couldn't even listen to both of the songs without wanted to breakdown every time. When Melissa told me she wanted talk to me it didn't take much convincing to bring me to the club, but we were late because of all of my outfit changes. It needed to be perfect, I needed to fix this.

I was pulled out my thoughts when Melissa was snapping in my face. "Ay pay attention we getting out" I looked at myself one more time as the door opened and security helped us out the car and into the club. It was so packed in here. "Let me call Y/N to see where she's at" Melissa shouted. I was just looking over the whole place looking for Y/N's tall ass. After 5 mins Melissa turned to me "she's not answering" she said with a sad smile. I guess we really can't be the same anymore. I gave her a fake smile and said it's fine going over to the bar. After that I don't remember anything.

August 21, 2021

I was looking up at Y/N putting the cover over my chest. Trying to form sentences shit even words, when the fuck did we. She was just looking at me probably thinking the same.

"So that's where you went" Melissa said I could hear the smirk on her voice. "They together?" 4 other voices said. Me and Y/N looked at the phone confused. "Melissa who you w-" before Y/N could get the sentence out Melissa hung up. She swear she so sneaky. I looked at Y/N awkwardly, this the closest we've been to each other in 2 and a half years and it's under these circumstances.

"So....um you still want to talk?" She said staring at me. "Yea uh yea... lemme just take a shower, um you can shower too, there's a bathroom downstairs and there's still sum of your clothes in my closet" I said and then she looked over at me with a small smirk. "You still have some of my clothes" I rolled my eyes and said "yes" I honestly speak too much.

I limped into my bathroom and went into the shower while she walked into the closet. I hope she ain't see that cuz then she gon get cocky. How tf we gonna start this convo.