Prologue

"Captain Durandal, we have readings of multiple Emperor Class Honkai beasts scattered across Soukai City. Lord Overseer has seen it appropiate to dispatch the Immortal Blades in order to assist the Hyperion in clearing the city of all hostiles." 

The communication line was adruptly cut as the attendent of the Overseer had finished her report. The woman sighed, overlooking her squad in the hangar bay. Many were equipping themselves for the mission ahead but her eyes darted for her two closer squadmates. 

Rita Rossweisse clad in her Godsbane battlesuit, the Argent Knight: Artemis, was diligently running a cloth over the blade of the scythe, gleaming in its crystal light. The maid of Durandal took notice of her look, giving a pleasant smile and a wave before returning to her weapon's care. 

Soleil Kaslana. A rivel of sorts. While they had enrolled in St. Freya and trained together for their time in the school, he had joined much later. And yet, he was one of the few that could go toe to toe with her when it came to battle. He had no battlesuit to his name but could battle unlike any other, relying on a blitz tactic, he overwhelms all opponents in a flurry of strikes hard enough to dent steel. A midnight blade rested upon the magnetic sheathe fastened upon his back, twin pistols holstered at his sides. The Shicksal emblem, etched upon the back of his raven trench coat. 

Durandal took up her lance and walked out to face her squad, back facing against the aircraft. "I want eyes and ears forward! Lord Overseer Otto has tasked us with the mission of taking down any and all Honkai threats within Soukai city, we are to provide support for the crew of Hyperion in their mission to subdue the unknown battle cruiser designated: Selene. Immortal Blades, to duty and victory!"

The Valkyries rallied together in a boisterous cheer.

.....

"Soleil, take a drone and head to the Selene. The rest of us will handle the Honkai, go and help the Hyperion shake its enemies." The Knight of Shicksal pressed a finger against his ear, the commlink unit crackling as he responded.

"Understood, take care of yourself now, you know how Rita gets." He didn't need to see Durandal to tell that she was smirking at his jest.

"And you'd best come back with minimal injuries, unless you like being scolded like a child."

Honestly that woman, Soleil shook his head in amusement. Taking a pistol in his left hand and the greatsword in his right, he leapt upon the back of an incoming drone, the magnetic soles of his boots keeping him grounded against the aircraft.

Jumping to his left, a Seraph Honkai beast suddenly crashed against the vehicle with a metallic thud. Rearing the greatsword he heaved with his might and in great speed.

Bissected the Honkai beast clean in two.

Instincts flared in his mind, rolling to the side, he brought the Pantheon-Class pistol up to sight and opened fire, Honkai energy piercing the silicon hides of the Chariot above him. But the bullets were meant to distract and stagger, the pure force of the impacts flinching it back. Rushing forward again, Soleil hacked its arm off before piercing its head and pinning it against the drone, before its carcass dissipated into pink particles.

The blade whistled in the air, cutting through each and every adversary that found its way upon the path of Soleil's target. His eyes behind the translucent blue visor narrowed as he found the Hyperion battleship surrounded by a swarm of Archangel class and Cassiels. His ears perked as footsteps created a dull approaching rhythm. Looking over his shoulder, he spied the Honkai zombies wielding swords and scythes shambling towards him, others wielding a bow and claws. 

"I'm sorry." 

Pivoting upon his foot, he shot toward the closest target. A cleave, and a body collapsed in pieces. Next, he spun and bounded above an incoming scythe blade, slicing the arm of the Zombie before decapitating the enslaved Valkyrie. Suddenly twisting his head, an arrow flew past and struck the incoming Kunoichi Zombie's shoulder, without turning his attention away from the twin bladed Zombie, he shot the Ranger between the eyes and ducked underneath a slashing blade. 

Twirling the greatsword in one hand, Soleil pinned the Zombie through spiking the blackened edge into the foot of his opponent before reaching out with his pistol and firing it through the exposed neck. 

Mjolnir's barrel smoked as the reanimated corpse fell once more, flicking the blood clean from the Labor of Olympus' edge. 

"Hold on everyone, I'll be there shortly."