۲۳

گردِش

                                 𝐆𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐡: 𝐔𝐧𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭
                    noun: a sudden bad time or
                              unfortunate period.

یہ جمال کیا یہ جلال کیا
یہ عروج کیا یہ زوال کیا
وہ جو پیڑ جڑسے اُکھڑ گیا
اسے موسموں کا ملال کیا؟

    -𝗬𝗲𝗵 𝗷𝗮𝗺𝗮𝗮𝗹 𝗸𝘆𝗮 𝘆𝗲𝗵 𝗷𝗮𝗹𝗮𝗮𝗹 𝗸𝘆𝗮
𝘆𝗲𝗵 𝘂𝗿𝗼𝗼𝗷 𝗸𝘆𝗮 𝘆𝗲𝗵 𝘇𝗮𝘄𝗮𝗮𝗹 𝗸𝘆𝗮
   𝗝𝗼 𝗽𝗮𝗶𝗿𝗵 𝗷𝗮𝗿𝗿 𝘀𝗮𝘆 𝘂𝗸𝗵𝗮𝗿𝗵 𝗴𝘆𝗮
      𝘂𝘀𝘀𝗮𝘆 𝗺𝗮𝘂𝘀𝗮𝗺𝗼 𝗸𝗮 𝗺𝗮𝗹𝗮𝗮𝗹 𝗸𝘆𝗮?

• • •

THEY WERE FIGHTING, ONCE AGAIN. NOOR COULD HEAR THEM LOUD AND CLEAR EVEN THROUGH THE THICK WALLS as no one bothered interrupting them.

She had offered her Isha prayer and was now motionlessly sitting on the bed hearing the loud screeching of Gul bano from the next room.

The fact that no one cared enough to resolve their regular quarrels baffled Noor.

Everyone was willing to stand up for Gul bano yet they went blind to her constant repulsive behaviour towards Daryab. It didn't take Noor long to figure out Gul bano's plan, she was deliberately riling him up on daily basis that in anger he'd just let go of Noor himself.

The residents of the haveli used to dismiss the issue saying that Daryab had bought it on himself as obviously no woman could allow her husband to marry twice.

Thus, Gul bano welcomed all the support and care with open arms. Everyone's sympathy was with her.

Moments like these made Noor think that she was becoming a burden on Daryab. She just wanted her father back. She wanted to get rid of the painful emotion that she was the reason of so many of Daryab's problems.

If only her father was here, he could've helped her. The pain of her father refreshened as tears stung behind her eyes and she quickly got up to leave her room.

She needed fresh air.

Noor was drinking water while leaning against the glass counter when she saw her husband quickly make his way downstairs and walk towards the main door.

Noor instantly leaped towards him. "Kahan jaa rahay hain Daryab?" the man quickly turned around. "Tum soyi nahi ab tak?" he took a deep breath to control himself and carefully ignored her question by his own.

She could see the internal battle he was going through and her heart soared.

"Neendh nahi arahi thi, aap itni raat ko kyun baahir jaa rahay?" She couldn't help but ask worriedly.

Daryab khan ran a hand through his hair and forced a tightened smile on his face. "Raat deray pey hee guzaarun ga"

His reply made Noor direct numerous curses towards Gul bano for not even letting her husband take his sleep peacefully.