Chapter 1

~dipper~

I was roaming through the hall of memories about me that Stan had blocked off in his mind. I opened a few doors and watched the memories behind them. With each memory of Stan bossing me around that I watched, I grew angrier and angrier. Finally, I reached the memory of me chopping wood while Stan and Soos sat on the porch and watched. When I heard Stan say that he hated me, My vision went red. I slammed the door shut as hard as I could. I panted harshly in my anger as the door suddenly went up in sapphire blue flames and the memory was burned away. I started walking back down the hall to find Mabel, Soos, and those anime guys Mabel liked when I stopped suddenly. I thought for a minute about how the others treated me. Mabel whined and pouted to get her way, making me sacrifice everything that I had worked for, Soos mostly ignored me, Wendy crushed my heart when I told her about my feelings, and Stan hated me with a passion.

"BILL!! SHOW YOURSELF!!" I yelled into the air around me before the triangular demon popped into existence in front of me.

"Yeesh, kid. Calm down, I can hear you from anywhere in Stan's mindscape," Bill said as he crossed his black noodle arms

"I want to make a deal," I said as I crossed my arms.

"What kind of deal, PineTree?" Bill asked, curiosity shining in his eye as he adjusted his hat.

"I want to help you with whatever you're planning. I'm done being treated like shit by the people that are supposed to be my family. In return, I want you to stop Gideon from getting the code to the safe. If anyone is going to destroy the Mystery Shack, It had better damn well be me," I said with a growl building in my throat.

"On one condition," Bill said as ash flew through the air to float around him, "You become a demon and join me as my second in command. You've got a lot of potential as a demon, kid. I won't be able to transform you until I am in the physical world, so I'll be teaching you the inner workings of demonic magic."

"Deal," I said as I held my hand out towards him.

His eye seemed to grin as he reached out and gripped my hand tightly. Ice blue flames sprang to life around our joined hands. I looked at our hands for a moment before my arms began to burn in pain. I let out a gasp as black lines slowly faded into view on my forearms. I looked at my arms to see that an image of the Cipher Wheel burned into my arms. There were also other symbols marring my flesh, but none were as prominent as the Cipher Wheel. Bill released my hand once the flames died away.

"Dude, how the hell am I going to pass this off?" I demanded as I rubbed my arms to soothe the burn.

"I'm sure you'll think of something, PineTree. Here's a piece of his mindscape for you to use," Bill said, snapping his fingers and making a vial with a glowing substance swirling around inside.

"What am I supposed to do with this?" I asked with an arched eyebrow.

"Barrier spell around the Shack to keep the brat out. Now, time to go stop Gideon from getting that code. I'll see you tonight in your dreams! And Gideon has cameras hidden in those little pins of his!!" Bill yelled before vanishing in a white flash.

I rolled my eyes and proceeded through the maze of memories to find my bitch of a twin sister and the idiot that ignores me. Once I heard Mabel's annoying voice I let out a faked groan of pain and began rubbing my arms. I looked up at the others as I walked into their view.

"Guys?" I asked, drawing their attention.

"Dipper!! Where have you been?!" Mabel yelled as she ran over to me before she noticed my arms. "What happened?"