Chapter 1. Adjustments.

I wiped the sweat from my forehead and stepped back , admiring my work , I'll be finished soon!

The portal to the human realm.

-holy shit..I'm gonna see my mom soon! I-I am so close to going home!

-...

-Then what?

-the others , I can't just leave them and I still have so much left to do here , hunter needs my help recovering and amity won't be thrilled to hear the news at all..But I have to go back home , I promised my mom..Agh! Whatever I'll think about that later , this is suppose to be a happy moment!

I shook my head and quickly covered the portal with a tarp and shoved the portal key into my leather bag and cracked my knuckles as I quickly hopped up the stairs of the basement , grabbing my staff that was leaned against the wall. The Palismen was a cracked blue bat , named em Azura!

As I entered the main room I saw king on the couch watching some trashy reality TV show on edas crystal ball. Love the guy but man there isn't a thought behind those eyes!

-hey king , have you seen amity around? Got something to show her!

K- " uhhh I think she said something about training over in the forest? I dunno."

-thanks bud! Watch hunter while I'm gone , byeeeeee!!

I scrambled my stuff together in a hurry as I walked out the door , damn luz you really gotta start being more organized! I made my way into the forest where I was greeted by amity who was sketching something in a little notebook she had. Her pink sweater stood out against the dull Colours of the forest. I approached her with an smile as I tapped her shoulder. I burst into laughter when she jumped up from shock!

-sorry sorry!

A-" every time you do that luz you almost give me a heart attack ! "

-and it's always as funny as the last time!

A-" yeah yeah! What do you need? "

As I told amity about my discoveries and how close I was to achieving my goal , her expression changed from " wow I love you Luz! " to " ohhh um. That's good I guess. " I know she was trying to hide it but overall she is TERRIBLE at lying. I acted like I didn't notice but it stayed on my mind all day. And I know it sounds stupid yeah , but it kinda hurt to see how she reacted.

We talked for a bit before the sun began to set and we both eventually had to go home , but even when I got in bed her reaction was still lingering in the back of my head. It was like a mosquito bite you couldn't itch.

I lied awake all night staring at the ceiling. Did you know there's 108 cracks in my room? I do now. I saw the sunrise slowly fill the room I sighed and sat up , stretching my arms and rubbing my eyes.

-morning Eda!

E- " morning kid. Sleep well? "

-didn't sleep at all.

I slumped my face into the counter and sighed. Eda poured herself something which I think is like..the boiling isles version of coffee? Probably tastes terrible.