10 ㅡ this is why i still have wired earphones

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"what do you mean you lied when you said that nicholas and seyeon went on a date together?" jungwon scoffs at his friend who only laughs loudly at his perplexed expression upon the revelation. "so they didn't go on a date?"

it was hard for ni-ki to respond through his laughter so he breathelessly utter, "no, they didn't."

again, jungwon scoffs in disbelief, "you and sunoo were trying to get a reaction from me. tsk."

"and we surely got it." the latter only rolls his eyes at ni-ki's words as he watch his friend enter the gate pincode of his apartment area. "see you tomorrow, jung one!"

jungwon bids him goodbye, waving before turning away when he sees ni-ki closing the gate.

now, time for him to go home.

like a daily routine, he takes out his earphones and fishes out his phone to plug them in. he scrolls through his 'walking home' playlist to play a good song to start walking with.

in the middle of very good by block b, a feeling makes jungwon slow his pace down - noticing a dangerously familiar presence.

there it is again.

lingering around.

but this time, jungwon doesn't know which exact direction he is being looked from.

it feels as if eyes are all around him in this empty alley.

trying to remain calm, jungwon dials up sunoo's number for a videochat - praying that the latter's wifi is on despite trying to concentrate on the homework he said he was trying to do. that's why he wasn't with jungwon and ni-ki on their way home.

after two rings, the videochat is answered by sunoo who is immediately smiling brightly at the camera, the empty library behind him.

[ what's up? ] he greets jungwon, who feels quite relieved to see him. however, the disturbing presence still makes him feel super uneasy.

for some reason, his voice came out low, "hey.." his eyes scan the forlorn area around him. "do you - by any chance - know where choi seyeon is..?"

jungwon bites his lower lip anxiously, holding onto the small hope that it's choi seyeon who is following him right now.

at the mention of her name, sunoo's smile turn teasing. he moves the camera to the side to show the one and only choi seyeon, sitting next to sunoo, textbook open and she seems to be helping the latter. she meets eyes with jungwon on the other side of the phone.