A house is not a home

Tubbo POV:

The second I walked in I was greeted by my mother encasing me in a hug, it was always the nicest part of coming home although short.

The hug was filled with warmth and love as always and I had to return it. But it was quickly broken just as fast as it started when my father shouted me.

Calling me to come to his office room to acquire my chore list for the day.

"Hey dad" I spoke meekly entering through the large wooden door.

"Good you're here. Take this and get started, I don't have the time to deal with you today" he spoke, his demeanour was angrier than usual. His words more harsh and his tone was colder.

I took the list and quickly left the room before reading it. Today's list was more than usual, but I guess I can't complain.

It took me around two hours to get most of the list done. And the only reason I was allowed to stop was because it was time to eat.

It was the one time of day my father treated me like I was a human, we would engage in small talk aswell as everyone else in the house. I would be asked about school and studies. And my parents would try and figure out if there was a special someone in my life for whatever reason.

I guess they're obsessed with the idea of being grandparents but I just don't think I can give them what they want.

And once again the second dinner was over I was forced to finish any undone chores I had left.

That took me another hour.

Finally after completing everything I could relax, and as soon as my back touched the fabric of my bed. My phone went off, with a ringing sound.

I looked at the caller ID and saw it was Tommy.

"What do you want Tommy.
I'm tired" I started

"And I'm sure you've had a busy day. But I want to know if you can come on Friday!" He spoke, sounding a little too excited

"Why would I? There's an overload of people, and obnoxious amount of loud noise and a sickening tone on your voice" I tried to convince Tommy to just leave it and let me stay home. But he wasn't having it.

"Listen toby I didn't want to use this card but you leave me no choice...

There's going to be a lot of alcohol and it gets you away from your dad for a night" he said.

And just like that he had convinced me.

It's not like I was an alcoholic. But any chance I had to get a drink I used, and it paired nicely with forgetting my dad exists for however long the bottle held me captive.

"What time do you want me there?" I sighed