Chapter 14: Costumes, Pizza and Friends

Percy's Pov

Morning. Saturday. October 31st. One of the best combinations know to a hero. Why? Because it's the day that all of the monsters you fight are just figments of your imagination. It started with a breakfast fight. I was standing in the kitchen with Beth being amazing, how was I being amazing you might ask, I was making waffles. They were horrible looking waffles but they were still waffles. I poked Annabeth, just above her tank top and in between her shoulder blades, with a batter covered spoon. She turned and looked at me with a smirk on her face.

"Oh, big mistake Seaweed Brain." She took the jug of orange juice and grabbed a ladle. She put it in and dumped a cup of orange juice on my hair. My powers didn't do anything to orange juice so I got soaked.

"Hey I'm going to need to shower now! I was just trying to get your attention, It Halloween and I was wondering if we were going to go to your work party?" Annabeth kissed my forehead and licked her lips to get the orange juice off of them.

"No but we are going to go to a party, one that you're going to enjoy. It's at the pizza place you like, and you still get to dress up like a little kid."

I smiled and jumped up and down just once for fun. Neither of us really got to go trick or treating when we were kids, it was just too dangerous so we kind of enjoyed goofing off in the costumes.

"So," I said as I turn on the faucet so that I could clean up our mess with my powers. "Who all is going to be at this party you have just informed me of." Annabeth watched me as I swept my arms in a circle pulling all of the orange juice of the floor.

"I'm not going to tell you." She said with a smile.

"What?"

"I'm not telling you. I know that you'll like the surprise and it will give you something to obsess over until 11 when we leave."

"What?" I whined "That's a whole hour and a half away!" she grinned evilly at me.

"We'll then you should be thoroughly existed when we get there.

I spent the next hour whining, complaining, begging, and overall being annoying trying to convince Annabeth to tell me where we were going. She wouldn't budge.

"Perseus, All we have to do now is get changed into our costumes and get in the car. You'll find out what's going to happen when we get there." I pulled her into our room and stripped off my shirt to get into my costume. When I looked up I saw Annabeth staring at me strangely.

"What?"

"I'm trying to figure out how you grew up and got muscles, "she gestured to my well chiseled chest, "But somehow you still retained- the attitude of a14 year old."

"Shut up Wise Girl." I remarked rolling my eyes but a smile still snuck itself on my face.

Ten minutes later we were in the car on the way to the pizza place. Annabeth was dressed up as a kitten and I was a fish. I was driving but I was still pelting Annabeth with questions. We pulled up in the parking lot of the pizza parlor and I pulled Annabeth inside. Another odd group of costumed young adults were sitting.

"Jason? Piper? Leo? Frank? Hazel? Rachel?" My friends smiled and waved at us, Rachel smirked,

"Hi guys, did you miss me?" Thirty seconds later we were sitting with our friends, ordering a small pepperoni pizza to share.

"When did you get to town Rach?" She smiled,

"Just last night, I'm giving some of my drawings to a gallery for a special Halloween exhibit and I decided that I would come and deliver them in person. There was also the fact that I wanted to hang with my friends."