Prologue

Disclaimer: I don't own this. Rick Riordon and J. R. R Tolkien do.

Percy Jackson was walking to the beach on a sandy trail to find his girlfriend Annabeth Chase. He sighed, remembering that she was doing work on Olympus. He looked at the clear sea green water, A fish would jump out of it every once in a while. He sat down and yawned. "I wonder when Annabeth will get back," he thought. A sudden flash blinded him. All the rest of the seven were there with him on Mount Olympus. He turned towards his father and smiled at him.  Poseidon gave him a smile back. "Welcome to the reward ceremony," Zeus said dramatically. "Maybe Annabeth is here," Percy thought. He turned towards her and noticed that there was not 7 mortals in Olympus. There were 8 mortals. Annabeth was right next to an Apollo camper named Jonah. And they were munching each other's faces off, (not literally). "A-Annabeth," Percy stuttered. Annabeth looked over to him with a worried glance, and then her face lit up, as if having an idea. "He cheated on me first," she said. "What?" Percy asked. Everyone turned their angry glares towards him. "I swear I didn't do it!" Percy shouted. Annabeth then smirked, pulling out a piece of paper from her pocket. "I also found that Percy has been betraying Olympus all along!" Annabeth said, "Percy was spying on us." She claimed. Zeus smirked. He must have known the truth, but he was still going to get rid of Percy anyway. "Perseus Jackson, you shall be sent to Tartarus for these crimes!" Zeus thundered, still smirking with delight. He threw the Master bolt, making a hole in front of Percy. "Any last words," Zeus boomed. Before Percy had the time to process what was happening, he was already falling into the dreaded pit of Tartarus.

Time skip

Percy had been falling for ages.  He remembered his first time in Tartarus and shuddered. The red spiked ground came into Percy's view. Percy held his breath and waited for impact, he landed unharmed and perfectly fine. He checked himself for injuries or anything else. He was practically untouched. "Weird," he thought. He stood up and scanned the area. He realized that the river Styx was around a quarter of a mile behind him. He started towards the black river, "Maybe it leads to the Phlegethon," he thought. As he trudged through the red wasteland, an explosion splashed the toxic water of the Styx onto a monster that Percy had never seen before causing it to disintegrate into sand. Percy ran as fast as he could to see what had caused the explosion. He arrived at the Styx and saw a swirling whirlpool right smack in the middle of the river. "What the heck," he thought as soon as he saw what was inside: a frame almost like an Iris message, just without the rainbow. He would have stayed longer, but his intrusive thoughts won. "Well, I've got no other reason to live, "he said to himself. And he jumped in. 

Time skip

Percy thought he would die, but he was alive and well with the sun beating down on him. Wait, the sun!" He thought. Percy heard the clopping of hooves, and he dove into the pond a few feet away from him. Percy Jackson was no longer on earth, nor Tartarus. He was somewhere entirely different. "Gil-Galad are you sure you want to take this risk? You know Sauron is much stronger than all of the folk of Middle earth," a voice spoke. Percy looked up at the two men. Only, they weren't men. They had pointy ears, just like Santa's Elves. But not as happy and cheerful as the Christmas Elves. One of them held a bow, and another wielded a sword. "Elrond, I know that are taking a huge risk, but let's do this for all the free peoples of middle earth. We will have help from the men of Gondor, and we have an army of elves right behind us." Gil-Galad said. "They are elves," Percy thought. "Will we have help from Saruman as well, or Gandalf perhaps," Elrond asked. "I believe so," said Gil-Galad. The Elves trotted away on their white horses. Percy decided to go in the other direction. 

Time skip

Percy had been walking for hours. He heard a sound, the sound getting louder and louder. Like a big march. He ran into the woods. "What is that noise," he thought. A few moments later an army of elves were marching in the direction of the other two elves. "What the heck?" Percy thought. "We stop to rest here," The leading elf said, "We shall reach Gondor in two days time." The Elves sat down and began to chat. The elf nearest to Percy talked about their king Gil-Galad and how Sauron was no match for him. Percy began to walk in the direction of this place called Mordor. He was no longer the happy, cheerful Percy Jackson who saved Olympus, because this time, he's going to join the enemy.

Word count 791