Heartbreaker-A-Rooney ~ maddie rooney

maddie rooney was the schools player

maddie rooney was the schools player. you knew this but something about her just captured you in a way you couldn't comprehend and after that it was hard to get her out of your head.

you were friends with liv which made it much worse. you hung out regularly and would always make sure to say hello to maddie before you left. liv never caught on till the day came where you walked into ridgewood high in a bunch of different sports merchandise.

you yourself knew nothing about sports but you decided that today you were going to impress maddie and every other attempt you've made wasn't working. 

you walked about the school with your head held high before you finally ran into the girl you were looking for to begin with. for the first time the entire week maddie actually looked at you and gave you what seemed to be a smirk.

you smiled proudly knowing that you actually got a reaction out of her.

you smiled before walking into liv who eyed you up and down before raising her eyebrow. "uh y/n.. why are you wearing sweat bands..?" she asks while cringing at your fashion choices, or the lack thereof.

"uh.. wanted to try something new!" you stated as liv frowned "fine don't tell me!" she huffs before walking off. you shake your head before making your way to class.

lunch rolls around which meant you could finally hang out with liv. you say hi to liv as you sit down but to your surprise she just simply ignores you.

"liv i'm sorry" in all honesty, you did feel bad but you knew that she could never find out about how you feel about her twin.
liv finally looks up at you with a small smile "finally! it was so hard to stay 'mad' at you" she exclaims making you smile

"also! i think i've figured out why you're dressed like.. that" she says with fake disgust. 
"and why's that?" you ask raising your brow
"you definitely like someone who's into sports-" she starts before the person liv didn't know she was referencing walked over.

"oh y/n! who do you definitely like?" maddie smirks as she walks over. you look down not wanting to make eye contact as liv looks at the both of you before realization hit her.

liv is an open book. she cannot hide her expressions whatsoever so her wide eyes told you all that you needed to know. "you like my sister?!?" liv exclaims before you start shaking your head.

"liv that's not what- okay it might be." you get out as liv scoffs. "so this is why you've changed your style??" liv asks as maddie awkwardly stands there with you not saying anything. "y/n you know how she is yet you like her?" liv asks about to stand up as maddie finally speaks up making liv roll her eyes.

"don't play victim now maddie. everybody knows you're a player, im not letting my best friend go through this with you." liv says making maddie frown "wow liv. am i not allowed to actually like somebody for once?" she exclaims making liv shake her head.

"you've never done it before maddie." liv says as you shift back and forth awkwardly. you've seen the two argue before but this time it wasn't over something petty and stupid.

"i'll have you know liv, i actually like y/n." maddie says making you play with your fingers.
"whatever maddie. you always get whatever you want and i'm sick of it" liv states angrily before storming off leaving the two of you.

you slowly turn towards maddie and see that she's already looking at you. "you like me?" maddie asks softly as you frown a little. "yeah. i thought it was obvious" you state still upset over the events that occurred.

"oh uh i didn't know" maddie says leaving awkward silence. "well now you do!" you state sarcastically making maddie roll her eyes. "y/n, this isn't my fault. you're the one who wanted to get my attention in the first place. im not the one who ruined your friendship with liv." maddie says.

you knew she was right but it still hurt coming from her, all in all you didn't know what to say to her so you went out looking for liv.

after a while of searching the halls of ridgewood high for liv you finally found her near the gym entrance on the bleachers. you slowly walked toward her and sat next to her in silence as you tried to think of what to say.

after a couple seconds the only thing you could say was "i'm sorry that i didn't tell you."

liv turned towards you as she says" i'm sorry for freaking out, y/n i just really don't want you to get hurt." making you smile lightly.

"i know, and thank you for looking out for me. i just really like maddie." you say making liv nod. 
"yeahhh.. i can tell! you even wore sweat bands for her.." she says as she cringes once more making the both of you laugh

you and liv decide skip out on last period and go over to her house since you guys were pretty much bored.

"okay. you have got to tell me what maddie said after i left" liv says sitting the both of you onto her bed. "okay nosy" you tease before she hits you lightly with her nearest pillow

"so violent! anyway, noting special really. she kinda said it was my fault which i'm not gonna disagree but uh it hurt me i don't know!" you say as liv looks shocked

"if she owned up to liking you then you wouldn't have changed your style... whatever she's so complicated." liv says making you laugh

you and liv kept talking about whatever came to mind before you heard the second rooney twin come home. you look at liv almost silently pleading for her to help you go out the window.

before you know it maddie walks through the door and just looks at the two of you before walking over to her bed.

"i think that's my cue to go!" you mouth to liv as she try's not to laugh before nodding

you smile at her and start to walk out of the rooney household. as you reach the front door you feel a hand grab your shoulder, turning you around only to be met with maddie in front of you.

"y/n-" maddie starts, with you silent
"i'm sorry about today." she finishes.

no way this is happening, and actual apology coming from maddie rooney??

"maddie it's okay, i don't want you to feel like you have to prove something to liv or me." you say making her shake her head

"y/n i meant what i said, i actually like you." she says catching me off guard.
"you do?" you ask

"i mean yeah. how couldnt you?" she says smugly.
"oh." that's all you say, not being able to think of anything else

"yeah, oh." maddie simply states before continuing 
"ill uh see you around y/ln" she says with a smile on her face before heading back upstairs.