32.

continued-

"Hazel, baby can you get me another plate of chicken and pasta?" Mom asked, I didn't hesitate and jumped up. I took her empty plate and threw it away. I used a fresh one to fill her plate with the desired food she wanted. I glanced around at everyone as I fixed momma's plate. Today was a good day and my mother was happy. She was getting all the attention and the gift table was overflowing. I headed back over handing my mom her plate.

"Thank you my love. Momma, appreciate you." She puckered her lips and I bent over kissing them. I walked away after so I could get myself something to eat. Here I was doing all this running around and I really hadn't had nothing to eat. While I fixed my food I watched as my mom smiled and laughed with the people around her. I was happy that she was happy, that's all that mattered. I noticed she had been down lately but whenever I mentioned it she'd brush it off. I felt this celebration was good for her mental health, to take her mind off things.

After I finished fixing my food I was headed back out to the party when my name was called. I turned around thinking it was a family member or Harlow but it was none other then Bashar.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" I scolded, taking a step back with my eyebrows furrowed.

"Can we please-" I shook my head.

"No, I have nothing to say to you. You need to leave now before I have you escorted out." I threatened.

"I don't want all that, but I just need you to hear me out." He pleaded.

"You have two minutes." I said, folding my arms over my chest. Here I was having a good day and big thugga wanna come over and ruin it.

Bashar immediately explained what he had to say. He poured his heart out to her. He wanted her to understand how sorry he was and that she meant a lot to him. He didn't like that they had beef. Honestly it was tearing him up in the inside. Day in and day our Hazel was always on his mind. Bashar couldn't stop thinking about her. The day the shoot out went down he didn't expect for anyone to get hurt, except the people they were shooting at. When he heard that Hazel's mom had been hit it devastated him.

A/N: pls don't mind that i deadass just wrote that in omniscient i'm on and off this app so sometimes i forget which pov i'm writing in :) on with the story...

"So please, can we start over?" He finished, with a huff.

I couldn't lie, what he said made me feel warm. His presence alone made my heart skip a beat. "I don't know, Bashar. I-"

"Please?" He pleaded. I looked down and then slowly back up at him.

"Mm, I guess? I mean, yeah. Just please don't hurt me again." I said. He nodded his head and slowly walked up to me. He held both sides of my face and connected our lips.

"And you have to make me a promise too. He said in between the kissing.

"What?" I asked.

"Leave that fuck nigga, Tyree alone."