01

Back pressed against her seat and posture straight, her hands furiously typing away on her laptop, Shinju momentarily closed her eyes as she felt a headache slowly creep up. She threw her head back while ridding herself of a low sigh.

She reached up to brush her hand through her long black locks before proceeding to tie her hair back with a dainty red ribbon- exposing her bare neck.

Just as she was about to continue with her work, her laptop was abruptly shut closed. Craning her head upwards to look at the culprit, she was met with a wide, Cheshire-like smile. "Juju!" Kaori cooed, slinging her arms around her.

Shinju sent the girl a small nod before placing her laptop in her bag and taking out a book before indulging herself in her reading, ignoring her surroundings. The three girls who had recently joined her, all laid their heads on the table with exhausted sighs.

"I'm completely drained. Maybe I should've just travelled instead of studying." One of the girls muttered under their breath, annoyance laced in her words as she side-eyed her textbooks with a scowl.

"Oh dear, sweet Hikaru. You naive little thing. As if your parents would let you travel." Another had replied in an almost mocking manner. Hikaru sent the girl a vicious glare which she replied to with a mischievous grin.

"Watch your words Ryoko."

"Just saying sweetheart."

Before the pair's minor argument could escalate, the sound of soft snores were heard from beside them- causing the two to shift their attention to the sound. A subtle scoff left Hikaru's mouth as she kicked the poor girl's leg, resulting in her jolting awake.

"Kaori you gotta be kidding, you slept all the way through your Sociology class." She commented, restraining a snicker as she saw Kaori's hair sticking up in all different directions.

"I was trying to you dimwit. You and Renjun just wouldn't shut up about that stupid movie."

"Stupid? Say that again and prepare to face death, Watanabe Kaori."

The girl only rolled her eyes in response and stuck out her middle finger. Ryoko rolled her eyes at their immature actions before pushing down Kaori's middle finger and placing her hand on the table.

"Speaking of Renjun, where are the guys?"

"You know, it doesn't hurt to read the group chat every once in a while." Ryoko sighed before leaning back in her chair and pointing her chin in the direction of a group of rowdy boys. "One of their friends transferred here, Music major."

The quiet girl who had just been listening in to their conversations, subtly raised her head, tearing her eyes off of the book. Her eyes landed on the familiar group of boys that seemed to be arguing- but that was no surprise to her.

But what caught her attention, was the boy that calmy sat amidst all the chaos- and the fact that he was staring right at her. The moment they met eyes, she immediately took notice of the bright pink hue that grew on his ears.

"The guy with brown hair right?" Kaori questioned, turning her head back to the group. Not wanting to get caught, Shinju broke off eye contact and hurriedly averted her eyes to her book. "He's dangerously attractive."

"Attractive- and staring right at our beloved Shinju."

At the sound of her name, the said girl lifted her head to face her friends. The three already had their eyes on her, all with smug smirks on their faces. "What?" Shinju muttered, closing her book and giving the three her attention.

"As usual." Hikaru grinned, throwing her arm over Shinju's shoulder. "The one and only Miyazaki Shinju, has gained another admirer. Not surprised though, look at her. She's a walking sculpture."