🀍Part Two🀍

A car, courtesy of the person you were now working for, had been sent to pick you up from your apartment, and you thought that to be very kind - especially since you hadn't met the man yet.

The driver, who had introduced himself as Bill, had also been very kind to you, making you feel comfortable in spite of never having met him either. You felt a great sense of warmth throughout the ride, even though Bill hadn't said too much - it was an uplifting feeling that made you even more enthusiastic about beginning your job.

At present moment, you were seated in the back of the car as the vehicle pulled through the grand gates, leaving you in complete awe. Everything was utterly beautiful, simply breathtaking in its own right.

"Wow," you whispered to yourself as you kept your bag close, craning your neck slightly to thoroughly take in the sight of everything as the car moved by.

"Don't worry, Miss Althaia, you'll have more than just one opportunity to get a better look at everything," Bill chuckled as he drove. "You're going to be by Michael's side more than you realize,"

"I hope so," you giggled to yourself, widening your eyes straight after. "I mean I hope I can get a better look at everything," your eyes shot to Bill's through the rearview mirror. "Not the part about-"

"No worries, Miss," he chuckled again as the car, at long last, pulled up to the front of the mansion, making you gasp again.

Bill brought the engine to a stop, and got out of the car to help you out. However, being the down-to-earth person you were, you had opened your own door before he could get to it - taking him by surprise.

"No worries, Bill," you giggled as you got out of the car, grabbing your bag to take with you. "I've got it,"

For the third time, he chuckled, pushing the door shut with an amused expression on his face.

"I believe Mr. Jackson is going to take quite a liking toward you, which would be the first after a long time," he caught up to walk by your side, guiding you along the incredibly extensive path that led up to the front doors. "Especially after Princess," he sighed.

You frowned, curious now.

"Princess?" you tilted your head to the side.

"Yes, his wife, who died a few years ago...she was murdered, but they never found out who did it," he cleared his throat, almost as if he looked desperately uncomfortable all of a sudden. "She was a lovely woman, and though you might never get the chance to see it for yourself," he stopped outside the doors, making you stop too. "You'll get to meet her son. Their son," he broke into a smile. "Daniel,"

"Oh..." you were torn between being apologetic and delighted. You were sad for Michael's loss, but you were rather excited about the prospect of meeting their son. "How old is he?"

"Five, but trust me, he's a bundle of energy," Bill snorted as he pulled the doors open for you.

He motioned for you to enter, so you did, looking around the large foyer with even more interest than you had before. Each new aspect of the place seemed to become more impressive as you laid eyes on it.

"Woah," you mumbled to yourself, scanning the room.

"Michael said he'd be here," Bill remarked as he glanced at his watch.

Just then, as if on cue, the loud resonance of running footsteps could be heard, startling you for a moment. For the first few seconds, you hadn't been able to tell where the sound had been coming from, but you soon realized that it was simply because the footsteps were still coming around a corner, accompanied by the laughter of a child.

Before you could get your thoughts together, you could see a little boy running toward you, laughing loudly as he glanced back to see his father chasing him.

The little boy dashed past you, distracting you just as Michael came around the corner. Since he was incredibly fast on his feet, his momentum had been much too high for him to stop, and Bill saw this.

"Althaia!" he tried to warn, but not in time.

However, in a moment of what appeared to be impeccably quick thinking, Michael had managed to slow down enough to grab you, transferring his momentum into carefully tackling you to the floor, as if he were attempting to protect you from something.

His plan seemed to have proven successful, because when you opened your eyes after preparing for impact, you noticed that you weren't harmed at all - but more importantly you noticed that Michael was hovering over you, still trying to catch his breath.

In the midst of the tussle, you hadn't been aware that you had instinctively grabbed his arms, a reflex that occurred as your body's way of trying to reduce the impact you assumed would be unleashed.

For a few seconds, the pair of you just remained there, as if trying to process what had just happened. There was an intriguing moment of eye contact before he got to his feet, promptly aiding you to your feet as well.

"I'm so sorry about that," he let out a breath, his hand still lingering on yours after he'd helped you up. "You must be..." he trailed off.

"Althaia," you nodded with a polite smile.

"Ah, yes, of course," he nodded as well, eventually pulling his hand back. "My new personal assistant. It's a little ironic that we had to meet like this, isn't it?" he chuckled, raising his eyebrows. "For our first encounter, that was...."

"Pretty personal?" you completed tentatively.

His eyes focused on you again, quite enchanted by something about you that you couldn't put your finger on just yet. "Precisely," he paused for a moment, scanning you one more time before he extended his hand again.

Though apprehensive, you took his hand once more, and this time he shook it gently, giving you a more appropriate greeting.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, I'm Michael,"

៚ ⋯⋯⊰☆