Chapter 14

Chapter 14

It was a really long and exhausting day for Ross. He was supposed to come home early today, but suddenly, he was pulled into an emergency faculty meeting. On top of everything, he was stuck in a traffic jam for nearly two hours on his way home. He was really tired and all he wanted to do was crawl into the bed with his beautiful wife, feeling the warmth and safety in her embrace. That only thought was what made him through his shitty day.

Ross had just entered the master bedroom when he was surprisingly welcomed by an unpleasant glare from his wife.

“Get the hell out of here!”

Her harsh and cold tone made him wince.

“What?” He asked, not knowing what the hell happened that caused his beautiful wife to be this mad.

Mood swings got the better of her today, Ross concluded as he dodged a pillow coming directly into his direction. He let out a sigh, but managed to keep his own anger aside, knowing this wasn’t his Rachel talking, but her hormones.

“I said, get out!” Another yell echoed in the room, along with another pillow flying out into his direction.

Again, he managed to dodge it easily, since her aiming was bad. But that only seemed to anger her more than ever, because she herself was clearly frustrated by it.

“Rach.. Just..” He breathed. “Just calm down, alright.”

“Calm down?!” She shouted in disbelief. Her eyes were full of anger, just once Ross hoped he could dig a hole and ran away from this situation. “You’re telling me to calm down?!” He gulped as he saw the look on her face, it looked like he just made everything worse.

“Dear God..” Ross muttered softly as he ran his hand through his dark hair, not even knowing the reason why he deserved to be treated this way.

All he did today was come home and just like that, he got thrown by a pillow as soon as he greeted her. She kept telling him to get out and that she didn’t want to see him, but really, he didn’t even know what caused her to be this angry.

Did he forget to buy something or do something? Did he forget their date? Anniversary? Birthday? Anything?

No, he was pretty sure there was nothing special about today. Then, why in the world was she acting like this? He wondered.

He hadn’t even figured the reason why she was mad when he suddenly heard a sob coming out of her. His eyes immediately softened and he let out a sigh. He hated seeing her cry. He then walked slowly into her, kneeled in front of her and pulled her into a hug. She was resistant at first, refusing to be touched by him, but after a while, she complied, and now she was sobbing uncontrollably against his chest, leaving him clueless and heartbroken.

“Please tell me what’s wrong..” He almost begged with his soft, yet cracked voice. He could feel she shook her head and muffled some words he couldn’t make out. He then broke their hug, cupping her face, and gently brushed the tears away. “Rachel..” He put his finger on her chin, staring directly into her red and teary eyes. “Can you please tell me what’s upsetting you? Is it something I do?” Ross started softly, but inside he was getting frustrated. “What is it, Rach?”

“It-it’s not what you do..” She muttered between her tears. “It’s something you didn’t do.”

Crap.

Ross swallowed hard, knowing the reason why she was this upset was none other than himself. He scolded himself as he still tried his best to find out what he hadn’t done today. He was positive he had done his errands for today, did he possibly missed something out?