𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫.

Chapter IVA much needed talk

Chapter IV
A much needed talk.

"Who is Wilbur, and how do you know him?" Tommy froze completely. He had wide eyes and you saw his breathing become quicker. "Tommy. Who is he?"

"N-NO ONE!" he quickly spouted out. You saw him start to sweat and you knew this was something big.

"That's a lie, and we both know it."

"How did you run into him? Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. I met him in a grocery store. Now why do you know an Agonia god? And what is this talk about me being 'claimed'?" Tommy gulped and surprisingly sigh in relief.

"I'm sorry about him. He's ravenous and doesn't know when to quit. You were never supposed to meet him,"

"I'm not here for an apology for my near death experience, you still didn't answer any of my questions." you crossed your arms and felt embarrassed to think you're acting like a parent.

"Right," Tommy put a hand through his hair and took a deep breath in. "He's...my brother. Well, he was. He's not anymore."

"WHAT?! How is that even possible Tommy?" you yelled out, making Tommy wince.

"It's a long and complicated story. I won't be explaining it to you, please at least respect that." you nodded and tried to calm yourself down.

"I can do that, you don't owe me your life story. I just can't help but be worried when I almost get killed by a cannibalistic god only to find out that he can't actually kill me because of you. Now why is that?"

"Uh..." Tommy looked away sheepishly and you just stared at him with your hands on your hips. "It's an arrangement we have. I get to choose one human that they won't be able to hurt as long as I...don't bother them."

"That's...How are you related to an Agonia god? Aren't you human?" you asked, but you already knew the answer. Tommy was no human; he was one of them. You were living with one of the very same gods that took away your family. 

"I...I'm human."

"No, I don't think you are," you sighed. You sat down on the couch. "No wonder you would leave for days and come back without a scratch. No human could pull that off, because you are no human!" Tommy grabbed his arm and looked down at the floor.

"I...I didn't want to tell you." he stuttered. You sighed and looked at your hands. A little dirty but nothing a good hand washing couldn't do.

"Why me? Why did you choose to spare me?" you asked genuinely. It boggled your mind as to why a god would spare you.

"Because I'm in love with you!" he exclaimed. You knew he had a crush on you for a while, but to claim he was in love with you was something way different. Your eyes widened as immediate doubt of his words flooded your mind.

"And you can't tell me I don't this time! I've loved you for thousands of years, but someone has always gotten in the way." It might have something to do with being an immortal god that had him say he's been in "love" with you for so long that made you mad.

"Well I haven't been alive for thousands of years so I don't think that's possible." you watched Tommy start to get angry again, which was to be expected.

"That's not true! You've been reincarnated too many times to count. And somehow, someway, you're still out of my reach by the time I find you. Not this time though! I won!" he smiled crazily, which in all honesty made you kind of scared. "You're finally mine."

You saw tears prick his eyes, presumably out of joy because he had the ability to claim you, but that was far from the truth. You didn't want anything like that with Tommy and this just solidified your thoughts.

"I'm nobody's but my own. I don't belong to you. Besides, you don't even love me, all I am is the reincarnation of the person you did love. That doesn't mean that i'm them." you said. You saw him get shaky as he bawled his hands. He had a long frown on his face and tears began to fell.

Oh no. Not a tantrum.

"I DO love you! I-I just want you to be safe- the others- they can't do that! They'd just kill you like they've done before! I can keep you safe as long as you're mine!" he put a hand over his chest and looked at you desperately as if you were going to agree and console him.

"I am not yours Tommy. I do not see you like that and I never will." you saw the light in his eyes go dim as tears continued to stream down his face.

"That's what she said too..." he wiped the tears from his face as he tried to calm his breathing down. "I'm sorry, Y/n. I know you're not mine, I just wanted to believe that you were for once in my pathetic life." you frowned. He was pathetic as a god, but you realize he's forever stuck in that teenager mentality. Poor guy.

You walked up to him and ruffled his hair. "Take deep breaths Tommy." he nodded and leaned into your touch until he rested his head on your shoulder. Despite his temper tantrum and literally being an Agonia god, you still cared for him.

"I remember when you comforted me like this the night we first met. The night we really first met." you hummed but did not say anything. You figured you'd just let him monologue out loud.

"I wasn't even aware of what I was back then. Just a dumb teenager who thought he had the world in his hands," he chuckled sourly. "We danced together and it was...nice. I had never been so relaxed before." he lifted his head up and wiped his tears.

"Sorry...I got your shirt wet." you just shrugged.

"I couldn't care less." Tommy seemed to have a lot of problems going on in his mind. And it seems like he had no one to talk to about them besides you. It was so sad.

"Do gods need sleep?" Tommy shrugged.

"Only if they want to sleep. I personally don't see the need." you nodded and led him upstairs.

"I think sleeping will be nice for you. It lets your mind take a break from everything for a while." he nodded as he laid down on your bed and immediately dozed off.

You smiled and let out a breath of relief. Nothing really changed, but at the very least he let off some much needed steam. Who knows how long those feelings had been pent up inside?

However long it was, it didn't matter. He let it out tonight, which was a start.

IM ALIVE I SWEAR HAHAUSHEIDBD don't expect a lot of updates ok bye

also this is for sardonic tehe