PROLOGUE

Elliana Ray was fed up with herself. 

Why? 

Elliana had only wanted one thing in the entire world at that moment. Something that she had wanted for a long time before that, something that she knew that she would want in the future after that. 

It was very, extremely important to her. It had always been, even before she had wanted it badly, needed it badly. 

When someone else had asked her what she had wanted, wherever it took place, she was very firm with her answer. When they had asked why, she had never answered. That was only to protect herself from what they might have done, mainly because it wasn't the greatest thing in the world that she could ask for. 

Here, it would not be much different from what she had always done. Well, now she should say 'usually' instead of 'always.' The one key difference would be that it would mostly, if not all, be explained. Otherwise, there isn't anything else. 

The singular thing that Elliana wanted did have a few flaws to it, but even if it wasn't the most amazing thing that she could possibly want, she didn't care. Everything has flaws, she wasn't going to let anyone tell her otherwise. She couldn't deal with that, its just her personality. 

Sure, it wasn't realistic. It was at least a few thousand feet from the Earth realistic, but it couldn't not be possible. Like, rockets can fly up there, things are probably out there, so why can't she? 

She constantly got judged for what she had wanted. Whether they had already been talking about it, or it was just a random comment that seemed to make its way to the subject for who knows what reason. She didn't like that, she hated the judgement. She would definitely prefer no judgement over what she currently had. 

It was probably really hard to get what she wanted, especially this, but again it couldn't be impossible. It could be nearly impossible, but not impossible. 

There were a lot of other flaws, but those listed were only three out of a ton. When subtracting three from a ton, it still gives you the same result, a ton. 

Pushing aside all those flaws mentioned and not mentioned, all that remains is Elliana's want. 

The singular thing that she had wanted, which had also been one of the many thoughts that raced through her mind regularly, was to fix something. 

Yes, the want was to fix something. Something that had happened between herself and someone else. 

Elliana and the mentioned other person had been great friends for many, many years. They had always gotten along, but one day it had all changed abruptly. 

They had gotten into a fight with each other and the said fight had escalated so much that they no longer wanted to be friends anymore. 

They never apologized to each other, never made eye contact nor looked at each other, never made contact, never did anything that had anything to do with each other again. All of that stuff just made it worse, made it seem like it was all set in stone that they could never be friends again. 

Despite all that happened, Elliana still wanted to be friends. She regretted what happened between them even if she still thought that it wasn't her fault. She wanted to apologize, but she couldn't bear to do it face to face, she was scared. 

It was exactly like heartbreak weather, but instead of a romantic relationship, it was a friendship. 

Elliana wanted to find a way to apologize, to reconcile everything, to make it all better again. 

Trying to figure out a way to do so, she spent days in her bedroom taking hours and hours just laying down on her soft and comfy bed thinking. 

Thoughts bounced throughout her head constantly, but nothing seemed right, nothing seemed like it would work. So she gave up thinking, instead going on with her daily life to be productive. She had so many things to do that she had to give up at one point. 

Well, she gave up until she finally found something that seemed somewhat decent, but might not be the best. 

Elliana was writing letters to her two different pen-pals in which she frequently sent letters back and forth. There were two different letters on the desk, one addressed to someone living in Ireland, while the other was addressed to someone living in San Francisco. 

That's when it happened. 

Elliana quickly realized in the middle of writing her second letter to her pen-pal from Ireland that there were other ways than facing her in person or doing it through the internet, which she thought was plain rude since it wasn't exactly personal and could be a message from any random person. 

She realized that she could write her former friend, and a hopeful friend once more, a letter to apologize. She would avoid all of the things that she didn't want which was good, and she couldn't think of anything else, so that was her only option at the moment. 

She decided to stick with her idea, trust it, trust herself. 

Elliana quickly finished up the letter that was already in progress before getting all of the supplies that she needed. Getting multiple of everything just in case. Then she started on her letter to her friend, Patience. 

The letter that could rekindle an entire friendship.