Episode 8: Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien

A/N: I started back to school, therefore, don't expect updates to be regular. They never are anyways, I publish things the minute I finish <33 All my love, Gus.

Y/N POV

I woke up to my alarm, as I did every morning. I tried to move my arm, but found it to be trapped in between someone's neck and my pillows. I used the other arm, my eyes still clenched shut from slumber. As they opened, I was met with familiar grey fur, and- blonde hair? JJ? The events of last night came flooding back, and I groaned, burying my head in her neck. 

"Jayje. C'mon, we gotta get up babes." I whispered, running my fingers through her hair. She mumbled something as she rolled over, pulling me into a position where I was essentially spooning her. "C'mon lovely, I still need to get Pen and Emily up. Please?"

"I'll get up," she whined, stretching out before letting me take my arm away and allowing both of us stand up. "Where's my good morning kiss," she joked, as I took Cado in my arms, kissing his head softly.

"If you want one, you can have one," I responded, noticing as a slight red tint graced her face.

"I-" She was taken aback by that.

"Sorry- I forgot, last night, talk, you and Emily, sober, yeah." I summed up, cursing myself mentally. "I'll go wake them up now, sorry-"

"(Y/N) please-" Her eyebrows dipped down, and her lip jutted out. 

I kissed her forehead softly before I made my way down the hall and into the guest room. Emily was sleeping peacefully, but Penny was already awake, "I figured I'd let her sleep," she whispered, the first time I'd ever heard her calm. She hasn't had any coffee yet, so that must be why. She was already dressed, but doing her makeup.

I smiled softly, "Thanks PG." I made my way over to the bed and sat near her, running my fingers through her silky black hair, that somehow didn't have knots in it. "Emily, darling, it's time to get up."

"No." She groaned and rolled so that her face was towards the wall and not me. 

"Yes. C'mon, we can stop and grab breakfast if you hurry. Breakfast means good coffee." I tempted.

"You got me at breakfast cariño. Good coffee is a bonus." She rolled back towards me, smiling a still sleepy grin up at me.

I inwardly was panicking, her morning voice, even though I'd heard it a few times before, remained to make butterflies appear in my stomach. My face undeniably grew redder than before. It might have been a bit red from what I had done with JJ, but if Pen even bothered to look, she'd notice. I snuck a glance in her direction, but she was too wrapped up in her makeup to catch anything. "Alright, go on then." I stood up, and she followed suit so I could leave and go get myself ready.

I walked into my room, not thinking, and pulled clothes out, a pair of slacks and a white button-up, along with undergarments and socks. My dress shoes sat by the door, as always. I didn't really wear too many different shoes. It seemed impractical; having more than one or two pair of each. I owned one pair of heels, one pair of boots, one pair of sneakers, one pair of dress shoes, one pair of sandals. It still felt like a lot, but I know that Pen would disagree. She wears like a different pair every day!

It didn't phase me too much, knowing that JJ was in my bathroom, so I quickly pulled on my clothes. It did phase me, however, knowing that last night would possibly be the last time that I ever held Jennifer Jareau to sleep. It was the last time I'd hear Emily's morning voice, or run my fingers through her hair. They'd never let me once they were sure I knew. I sighed, letting my eyes close, and burying my face in my hands. I sat down on the bed, and tried to slow my breathing. It's going to turn into a panic attack if I'm not careful. I've never been careful. I'm never careful.