Blast From the Past II

Part 2

Haden

I watched Ella's face and knew exactly what she was thinking about. I grabbed her hand, causing her to turn her gaze to me. I kissed the back of her hand before kissing her cheek.

"I was a jerk, I know." I say while grabbing her chin and turning her face to me. She didn't say anything, just looked at me. I pecked her lips softly, letting my lips linger on hers.

"Jerk is an understatement." Morgan chimed in, causing Ella to pull away and give her a side smirk. "Why were you so mad anyway Haden?" Morgan said, leaning forward and placing her arms on the table, leaning her head on her folded wrists.

I sighed and shrugged my shoulders.

"Brandon has always been annoying. He saw and heard me say to Ella to save the last dance for me. For whatever reason he wanted to interject. I confronted him the next day at soccer practice.."

"You did?" Ella said, looking at me in shock.

***

"Alright boys, good job Take a 5 minute break and get some water." Our coach yelled at us.

I jogged over to my water bottle and began to chug it down. I placed my bottle down as Brandon made his way over. I watched him as he grabbed his water and began to drink.

"So I saw you danced quite a bit with Joella last night." I started.

He smirked before putting his bottle down and looking at me.

"Yea, it was fun."

I nodded.

"You like her or something?" I asked. Brandon looked at me for a second.

"Yea actually, I do." My jaw set as I nodded my head.

"What, do you like her?" Brandon asked me with a slight smirk on his face.

I laughed.

"Me? Like Joella? Come on Brandon. If I wanted her, I could have her."

Brandon chuckled and shook his head.

"I'm sure you could. Yet, she danced with me most of the night." He said with a wink and walked away.

***

"Haden man, you made her cry." Micah said as we walked down the halls. I shrugged.

"Why are you still bringing this up?" I asked, annoyed.

"Because you were so cold to her. She looked around for you Haden. Where were you anyway?"

"I went to the bathroom. It doesn't matter if she looked for me. She already gave the dance to Brandon. I don't come second to anyone." Micah rolled his eyes.

"Yea, okay..." was his only reply.

We continued to walk down the hall when we started to come up on Ella's locker. She had just grabbed her books and closed her locker. She froze when her eyes landed on me. I made eye contact but kept my face neutral.

"Hi," She said quietly. I would have missed it if I wasn't paying so much attention to her. The meekness in her voice matched the worried look on her face, causing my face to harden more.

"Are you talking to me?" I asked with furrowed eyebrows.

Her eyes widened slightly as they darted to Micah and back to me. She slowly nodded.