Fresh Start

The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong. -Mahatma Gandhi

"Nick, when are you coming home tonight?" LJ whispered into her phone.

"What's the matter?" Nick asked. 

"We need to talk" LJ sighed, knowing it would just worry Nick all day. 

"Good or bad?" Nick sighed, trying to gauge the conversation. 

"I'm not sure" she replied honestly. 

"Whatever it is we'll handle it together," Nick reassured before stepping into an interview with Knight, "Te amo, Mi Amor."

"Te amo, Papi" Leilani hinted before hanging up. 

"Te amo, Papi?" Nick whispered to himself as he stepped out of the elevator with Knight and Parker; and paused, processing her hint. 

"You coming, Nick?" Parker asked, having heard what Nick whispered. 

"Umm... I think I need to go home," Nick smiled, "I think Lei's going to tell me the best news of my life." 

"Go" Parker nodded in understanding. 

Nick was grateful he'd ridden his bike to work today as he zipped through the Friday rush hour to their house. As he pulled into the driveway, Nick noticed the screen on the front door open and a nervous Leilani stood on their front porch. He smiled noticing she was wearing the same blue linen set she was wearing the night they met. Nick found himself praying that Leilani really was pregnant as he walked up the steps after covering his bike. 

"Are you pregnant?" Nick smiled, as he pulled Leilani into him by her hips, "Am I going to be a dad?"

"Yes," Leilani smiled, with furrowed brows, "You're okay with this?" 

"Mi Amor, this was a promise to be here for everything," he smiled taping the promise ring, "I mean that wholeheartedly." 

"Can we buy a different place?" she asked as they admired the finally completed renovation on the Salem-inspired home. 

"Bedrooms all on one floor and your office and a playroom on the same floor as the living room and kitchen" Nick nodded. 

"When were you going to tell me about the job offer?" Lei asked as they sat down at the kitchen island. 

"The position in Hawaii?" Nick chuckled, "I was going to discuss it with you tonight. I asked Vance if I could give him an answer in a week so we could discuss it." 

"I wouldn't mind a fresh start with a baby on the way," Leilani smiled, "But we have to come back for Christmas so they can have Christmas with our family here." 

"I'll talk to Vance in the morning, let me know when you schedule your first OB appointment so I can make sure that I'm able to be there," he grinned, crouching down to kiss her belly, "I want to be at every appointment for this one."