Chapter 9

(we're back in the present, from where we left off in chapter 7!)

Kazuha grunted lightly while getting out of bed. Thinking about how bad his mental state was before and how Gorou helped him in every single way he could made him want to go show him some love and affection. So, he forced himself out of bed and into the kitchen, where he saw his friend peacefully humming some tune.

He was cooking some eggs and bacon, to Kazuha's eyes it seemed like a bigger proportion than usual, most likely he was making food for the Scara too.

Gorou didn't realize Kazuha's presence, so he slightly jumped when he felt someone hug him from behind.

"Gah! Oh it's just you, you scared me! Give a warning next time." Gorou requested.

"But it's less fun. Seeing you get all scared makes me laugh. I've done this multiple times but it never gets old!" Kazuha laughed. Gorou smiled, knowing he can make Kazuha laugh was enough for him to be the happiest person alive. It almost felt like a superpower he had.

"Thank you Gorou, for everything." The same voice was heard before the teal eyed man. He was confused? Thank you for what? He hasn't done anything extravaganza, or, at least not yet. So where did this come from?

"Thank you for what?" Gorou asked.

"For sticking with me up till now. I know, I was a handful. But you never left my side, you never complained once. You were patient with me Gorou." He explained, tears were forming at the corner of his eyes.

"Well, as a friend, it was the least I could do. I'm glad you're doing better now Kazuha!"

Kazuha held on to Gorou tightly, almost as if he let go of him, he'd be falling down from a skyscraper.

"I love you Gorou."

Gorou flushed red, this was unexpected.

"I-I love you too Kazuh-"

The sound of clapping was heard behind the two young adults. Disturbed, they both turned their heads to the direction the sound was coming from.

"What are the looks for? I'm just here enjoying the show. Pft, you should've kissed. But anyway, I'm hungry so hurry up!" Scaramouche said, disappearing in the distance.

Kazuha pulled off of Gorou and leaned on the nearby counter. He was lost in deep thought. It was about something he certainly asked himself more than once.

'Do I like Gorou? More than a friend?'

The white haired man wasn't sure if this was appreciation, admiration or true love, or was it all three? This stayed on Kazuha's mind even while they were all savouring the food his best friend had prepared for them.

The smart person he is, he would've figured this out in an instant. But this, this was way more difficult. It was such a simple question, with so many different possibilities.

Gorou got up taking his plate with him and placed it in the sink. He grabbed his bag that he placed in front of the door and obviously, his keys.

"I have to go now! Have fun you two! I'll see you at school later!" The teal eyed man cheerfully said. Locking the door on his way out.

You see, Kazuha wanted to answer to this certain trick question. He knew himself his capabilities were limited when it came to romantic feelings, so he was going to need the extra help. But who could he ask? His moms? They're most likely busy. Thoma? They weren't that close and it would be too overwhelming and awkward. There was only one person left that he actually learned to be more comfortable with other than Gorou.

It was Scaramouche.

Kazuha built up the guts to ask the man the question that has flooded his mind throughout the past hour.

"U-uh..." Kazuha began.

It seemed like Scaramouche could tell the other was trying to tell him something. So shifted his gaze from his phone screen, to the now tomato faced Kazuha.

"Go on, spit it out." Scaramouche groaned.

"H-how do you know exactly... that, you're interested in someone... Romantically. And that certain person is-"

"Gorou." Scara stated. This conversation was expected.

"W-wha?-"

"You like Gorou. Don't you?"

"W-well like I said before I-I'm not sure about that."

Scaramouche sighed. Of course he wanted to help Kazuha even though they don't get along well, he isn't that bad of a person. Before he gave him a genuine answer, he was gonna play with him just a little bit. It won't hurt right?

"Have sex." Scaramouche said bluntly.

Kazuha's eyes widened. But soon, he furrowed his eyebrows and smacked his hand on his forehead.

"Everytime we have a conversation with each other, do you really always have to bring up-"

Kazuha stopped, he heard laughter coming from the dark haired man who faced him.

"You're so funny! I'm kidding, I'm kidding. Do you really think that low of me?" Scara giggled.

"Yeah."

"Ouch. Anyway, are you sure he likes you back?" Scaramouche stated.

"Well uh, I-I'm not sure about that..." Kazuha rubbed his nape. He was observant of Gorou's reactions whenever he acted more affectionate towards him. Or when he would say stuff that were, really out of context.

"Than do something about it." Scaramouche said.

"What should I do?" Kazuha definitely didn't have an idea of what he could possibly do. "I am his best friend but, I do not know what he searches for in a man."

"Hmm I see." Scara paused. He was thinking of something... That Kazuha might not like. But to him it was a great idea, the person Scaramouche is he speaks his mind and freely expresses his opinions so it was no different now.

"How about we put that pretty body you have to work?" Scara smirked, he had some mischievous in mind. But with Kazuha's big brain, he already figured out what was coming next in less than a minute.

"No Scara, I am NOT going to seduce him." Kazuha said firmly.

"Aww but why! It's a great idea isn't it?" Scara pointed out. "If Gorou likes you back, he would probably be emotionally AND sexually attracted to you. So, why not see if he's sexually attracted to you first? It's easier and quicker too! If he is, than we can move onto the next plan, figuring out if he's emotionally attracted to you. But that'll take more time obviously." Scara explained clearly.

Kazuha couldn't do anything else but give in to what Scaramouche suggested. He's never done anything like this before, not even with Tomo. How was this going to escalate he asked himself.

"Ah okay, w-we should start getting ready now." Kazuha said, rushing out of the dining room, leaving a laughing Scaramouche in the room all on his own. Kazuha could hear laughter in the distance. Oh how he despised Scaramouche, but he had to admit, he was a big help today. Now he would just have to figure out the rest himself and get to work!

Everything was going to go as he planned right?

a/n:
NEW CHAPTERRRR
omfg thank you for more than 500 reads i love you guys
if i'm lucky i might publish a new chapter either tmrw or saturday!

hbd razor! thank you for carrying me since ar 24 <3