✯𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐎𝐧𝐞✯

"You're so fucking self-centered. You could give a shit how I feel. You think because I'm in a band and have money, that I don't have feelings just like the rest of the fucking world?" Izzy fought. After years of lying to himself, trying to hide the pain that his relationship was causing him, and putting up with the abuse and torment that he received from his toxic partner, he'd finally snapped.
"Oh please. You're just jealous." Mikayla fought back.
"Seriously? Why would I be jealous?"
"Jealous of Slash." She started and Izzy scoffed. She'd always been the type to go out of her way to flirt with other guys. It always pissed Izzy off, but he'd always brush it off, as he knew she'd just come right back to him. However, this time it wasn't just some guy: it was one of Izzy's best friends. It was Slash. "Admit it. You know he's better and cooler than you, but you just can't accept it. He's the one in the spotlight. He's the one everybody comes to see. You think you're all that? Nobody fucking knows you." she continued.
That struck a nerve.
"Okay. I'm done. I'm sick of your shit. Get out of my house." he told her.
"What?" she laughed nervously a bit, questioning if he was serious.
"Out!" he shouted, walking closer towards her. She grabbed her things quickly and stormed out before Izzy slammed the door after her.

After that, Izzy sat on his bed, face buried in his hands, trying to think about when and where he went wrong.
He always gave so much, even if he received nothing in return. He deserved so much better than what he continued to put himself through. He knew that all the toxic relationships weren't good for him, and he hated every second. But the problem was, he didn't think he deserved better. He continued to get himself into these deteriorating situations, and each time, he died a little more inside. The more he went through, the more he wanted it again. He hated the pain, but he thought it was right. He thought he deserved it. Somewhere in his mind, whether he realized it or not, it was like some sick form of punishment.

✰☆✰

Izzy wandered out on the streets that night, looking for something to occupy himself. As he was lost in his own thoughts, he didn't even realize that he'd traveled 10 miles away and into some shitty town outside of Hollywood. So there Izzy sat: alone, at some bar he'd stumbled upon, which he'd never heard of, where nobody knew him.

"You sure you don't wanna slow down over there?" the bartender asked as he poured another shot.
"Look, I don't need your judgment right now. Keep 'em coming." Izzy replied, downing the one he'd just received.
The guy just shrugged as he handed Izzy another glass.

After a few more drinks, Izzy was greeted with new company.
"So who hurt you?" a girl with a drink in one hand and a cigarette in the other asked as she sat in the empty barstool beside him. She had long black curly hair with green eyes; she wore a simple burgundy shirt with some jeans and light jewelry.
"Girlfriend. Well, ex." he answered before taking another sip from his bottle.
"Oh, damn. Sorry dude." she replied and Izzy just nodded. "Smoke?" she offered, holding out the pack. Izzy took one before putting it in his mouth, "What's your name?" she asked as she lit it.
"Izzy."
"Holy shit I love that. I'm Samara."
"So we both have cool names then."
"I guess so." she smiled.
"What do you do for a living, Samara?"
"I'm a bartender."
"So then why aren't you out tending a bar somewhere?"
"I took a day off. And what do you do?" she asked, tilting her head a bit.
"I'm in a band." Izzy answered with a slight laugh.
"Band?" she raised an eyebrow.
"Yeah... Guns N' Roses." he replied before opening another bottle.
"Oh shit, that's who you are, I knew you looked familiar!" she responded, her eyes lighting up as a surprised smiled painted her face.
"Glad to see someone recognizes me. People don't usually know who I am. Or so I've been told."
"Ah, fuck dude I'm sorry... Hey if it makes you feel any better, I don't really listen to GNR much."
"Nah, it's okay. Most people never recognize me anyway. I'm used to it." Izzy laughed, shaking his head. "So what do you listen to?" he asked her.
"The Doors, The Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Queen, The Who, Creedence Clearwater, The Stooges... you know, the old shit." Samara answered.
"Ah, good taste." he replied, smiling with his eyebrows raised.
"Thanks." she grinned. "So, Izzy... you got a phone?" she asked him before putting out her cigarette.
"I do." he responded, trying to hide the smile that was starting to creep on his face.
"Good. You can call me, then." she told him with a smirk as she stood up, before putting a slip of paper down in front of him and walking away. Izzy looked down at the paper and smiled as she walked out the door.

Not long after that, the whiskey kicked in and the rest of the night was a blur from then on.

✰☆✰