Got To Get You Into My Life - P.M.

January 24th, 1958

January 24th, 1958

You wrapped your coat tighter around your shoulders against the cold January evening. You and your friends were on your way to The Cavern. Y/F/N had seen a poster hanging in school which said that The Quarrymen would be playing tonight, so naturally you all wanted to go.

When you turned the corner into Mathew Street, you could already see a small queue in front of the entrance to the club.

"Come, let's hurry up a bit," one of your friends urged you on.

Your heels clacked on the pavement as you all started to run, desperately wanting to feel some warmth again.

The line of people waiting existed mostly of boys and girls your age, you even recognised some of them from school. Talking about school, you went to Quarrybank Highschool, so you already knew the members of the band. Or rather, you'd seen them before.

The man at the entrance took down all of your names and you were free to go inside. Warmth and the smell of beer immediately engulfed you. Your parents had never really been fond of the Cavern, but you told them the music was great, and that that was the main reason you were going.

A little lie never hurt anyone, right?

Truth was of course that the boys were all very handsome. Most girls swooned over John, but that was just because he was the oldest and he seemed the toughest. You didn't care much for him, sure he was good-looking, but that was all.

The three of you handed your coats over to one of the bartenders and in return got a little note with a number on it.

"Keep it safe okay girls!" the man told you. You nodded eagerly and put it in your purse.

There was already a small crowd in front of the stage, so you quickly went forward as well.

"I'll get us some drinks," one of your friends said, then headed towards the bar.

You looked over at the stage. There was a drumkit, a funny thing looking like a broomstick with some strings attached to it, three microphones and a few amplifiers.

"I hear A/N saying that there's a new one, quite young," Y/F/N said.

You raised an eyebrow. "Who?"

She shrugged. "Dunno, guess we'll find out soon enough," she checked her watch. "They start in five."

Soon, Y/F/N joined you again with your drinks. You'd barely taken a sip when the sound of clapping and whistling made you raise your head.

John had come on stage, followed by who you knew to be Pete, Stuart, another Pete, and Ivan. You'd only heard their names before, you never actually talked to them.

"Oh they look so good!" Y/F/N gasped beside you. You chuckled and shook your head.

"Alright!" John had come up to the microphone, guitar hanging from his shoulders.